website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

15 minutes ago, MHSN said:

If both Hong Kong players withdraw the quota later as expected (which will happen 99%) the following countries qualified for Rio in men's singles

Gerassimenko (KAZ)

Kenjaev (UZB)

No. Alamian (IRN)

Achanta (IND)

Tanviriyavechaku (THA)

Chen Chien-an (TPE)

So the brothers can go together after all? :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I really hope that Germany will win two medals. That's not unrealistic.

2 medals would be almost disappointing. We have the 2nd best mens team and the 3rd best womens team. On the womens side only China and Japan are stronger and we won 1 match against Japan at the world championships. I expect silver on the mens side and at least bronze on the womens side. In mens single Ovtcharov should at least win the bronze medal, he could also reach the final if he has to play against Zhang Jike in the semifinal. I think on the womens side Solja is our best option for a medal, she can beat anyone except the 2 chinese girls. 2 medals would be ok, 3 medals would be good, 4 medals would be amazing.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 hours ago, prso1000 said:

according to this document solja and han are qualified, but i guess the final word is with german federation

http://www.ittf.com//Ol_Qual/2016EU/2016%20EOSQ%20Annex%201.pdf

and i giess we have tomorrow 3 quotas available

I think there is no way that Shan Xiaona will play, unless Solja or Ying get injured. Both are better in world ranking and both have a better record at big competitions.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

51 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Pitty to loose to all those Chinese bought athletes... Anyway, we shuold have one player through rankings anyway.

Just out of curiousity, which of the Chinese-born players (or players with a Chinese name) actually are "bought"? Because 100% sure not all of them are. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just out of curiousity, which of the Chinese-born players (or players with a Chinese name) actually are "bought"? Because 100% sure not all of them are. 

Well, it's not really a question of buying. Olympics are simply becoming Chinese championships (especially women's division). None of the other Olympic sports is as one-sided as table tennis, in terms of nations good enough to win.

Sure that most of these Chinese players weren't bought... But everything has a limit for a "good taste", even something like this.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, it's not really a question of buying. Olympics are simply becoming Chinese championships (especially women's division). None of the other Olympic sports is as one-sided as table tennis, in terms of nations good enough to win.

Sure that most of these Chinese players weren't bought... But everything has a limit for a "good taste", even something like this.

Women's cross-country skiing is more boring in terms of which nation wins :p 

I prefer to look at it in a different way. For example, Dutch Britt Eerland is learning incredibly much from constantly playing with Li Jiao and Li Jie, a ton of things she would have never learned if she would have played in a team with only "real" Dutch players. 

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

Arguably men's Curling would be as bad if top Canadian teams started going abroad (nearly happened too - Jason Gunnlaugson, Justin Richter and Tyler Forrest had originally planed on competing for Russia at the Sochi games and I'm interested in knowing where Qatar got it's curling team). The Canadian Olympic trials are by some margin the most competitive event in that sport.

day is over:

men's red draw: Fegrel-Lebeson and Kou-Drinkhall

blue draw: Gorak-Gauzy and Groth-Olah

women;s red: Erdelji-Li Jie and Pota-Ekholm

blue draw: Grzybowska-Bilenko and Pavlovich-Li Fen

winners have nice chances for quota

Edited by dareza