website statistics

Taekwondo 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

This is somehow a good news, which means he won't be the last athlete in the ranking and Farzan won't face him in the first round. still it's dangerous which means this guy can get good results in Rio and advances to further rounds ! Farzan most probably will face the Thai guy in the first round

How do you see Kimia Alizadeh's chances for gold? I know she's a huge talent, but it's impossible for me to say what kind of chances she has.. (asking because I just saw the first bookmaker betting odds for the taekwondo events) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How do you see Kimia Alizadeh's chances for gold? I know she's a huge talent, but it's impossible for me to say what kind of chances she has.. (asking because I just saw the first bookmaker betting odds for the taekwondo events) 

She has chance for medal, even Gold, she already beat both Jones and Calvo, she won one of Grand Prix events but she is still too young and winning Iran's first ever medal at the Olympics put a lot of pressure on her shoulder. beside that from what I noticed she gasses easily after few matches.

by my calculations, she will face either Hamada (JPN) and the host nation girl and the other one in quarterfinal, I will be happy with a bronze and expect a bronze for her, Gold is too much to ask,

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Mohamed Ketbi (BEL) is having huge troubles for months already to stay under the 58kg limit. Apparently he's growing quite a lot (he's still young) and it's causing more and more problems. Didn't have a fight in his weight class since December and it looks like it's a very realistic option that he won't be going to Rio. Salaheddine Bensaleh seems to be in sight as a possible replacement.. 

Or maybe he should eat less candy. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Or maybe he should eat less candy. :p

:d 

To be fair, I can imagine it is indeed hard to stay at your weight when you're a growing teenager, I doubt he's the first one with this problem..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Day 2 medalists:

Men's 63kg:

Gold: :BEL  Achab, Jaouad

Silver: :POL  Mecmajer, Jarosla

Bronze: :FRA  Barclais, Steven and  :ESP  Gonzalez Bonilla, Joe

Men's 68kg:

Gold: :TUR  Tazegul, Servet

Silver: :GER  Adnan-Karim, Hamza

Bronze: :ARM  Vardazaryan, Sergey and :RUS  Minin, Konstantin

Women's 53kg:

Gold: :RUS Kudashova, Tatiana

Silver: :AZE  Abakarova, Patimat

Bronze: :TUR  Agris, Zeliha and :FRA  Liborio, Floriane

Women's 57kg:

Gold: :GBR  Jones, Jade

Silver: :SWE  Glasnovic, Nikita

Bronze:  :BEL   Asemani, Raheleh and :CRO  Zubcic, Martina

Day 3 medalists:

Men's 74kg:

Gold: :POR  Ferreira, Julio

Silver: :CRO  Kanaet, Toni

Bronze: :ITA Treviso, Claudio and :BEL Corten, Nicholas

Men's 80kg:

Gold:  :AZE  Beigi Harchegani, Milad

Silver:  :TUR   Sari, Yunus

Bronze: :MDA  Cook, Aaron and :POL  Pazinski, Piotr

Women's 63kg:

Gold:  :TUR Yaman, Irem

Silver:  :FRA   Wiet Henin, Magda

Bronze: :GER  Gulec, Rabia and :ITA Rotolo, Daniela

Women's 67kg:

Gold: :GBR  Williams, Lauren

Silver:  :TUR  Tatar, Nur

Bronze:  :FRA   Niare, Haby and :CRO  Jelic, Matea

5 hours ago, dareza said:

This guy from Iran Beigi is too strong for other European competitors. He has good chance for medal in Rio.

His chance is more than good ! :d Actually I consider him the second (or even maybe the number 1) favorite for the gold in Rio. he is just destroying everybody, he was in much better shape than Khodabakhshi in past few months but still we have 2-3 months left and I expect our guy to peak at the right time. I just hope Iranian coaches know few tricks about how to beat him , btw on other hand his coach is also Iranian (former coach of Iran NT) which makes things even !

also I have to name this CIV guy Cisse, he is as dangerous as Beigi. actually Iranian coaches are very concerned about him.