website statistics

Taekwondo 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86

1 hour ago, dareza said:

I still remember his match against Iranian fighter in grand prix final :redcard:

oh yeah, thanks god someone else also remembers that dirty match, Asbaghi was leading by a big margin and this Achab guy (knowing he can't catch Asbaghi) tried his dirty tricks giving Asbaghi 9 cautions, one more was enough for disqualification. Asbaghi managed to survive that match though but poor guy he missed most of 2015 because of a surgery and therefore finished 7th in world ranking and missed the Olympics :(

Achab uses his dirty tactics very often , I saw him doing it more than ten times. specially against good opponents. but that one against Asbaghi was something unbelievable.

Dutch media showing how much they know of taekwondo and Olympic rules: all over they're reporting Mourad Laachraoui "won gold at the European championships and with that qualified for the Rio Olympics" :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch media showing how much they know of taekwondo and Olympic rules: all over they're reporting Mourad Laachraoui "won gold at the European championships and with that qualified for the Rio Olympics" :lol:

but it is true that he will be Rio. Ketbi will miss Olympics because his weight. It is not 100% sure, but Mourad has huge chance for Olympics.

Just now, dareza said:

but it is true that he will be Rio. Ketbi will miss Olympics because his weight. It is not 100% sure, but Mourad has huge chance for Olympics.

But the Belgians are mostly talking about Bensaleh as the first choice for replacing Ketbi, in case Ketbi doesn't make his weight. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

But the Belgians are mostly talking about Bensaleh as the first choice for replacing Ketbi, in case Ketbi doesn't make his weight. 

as I heard  Laachraoui also has chance. They will decide soon.

1 minute ago, dareza said:

as I heard  Laachraoui also has chance. They will decide soon.

I've asked on a Facebook group in Dutch where apparently Laurence Rase is also active, let's see if there'll be an answer there  :p (ex world class taekwondo athlete for Belgium and now a main official in their federation). 

But still my point stands: it's not like Laachraoui has qualified because he won gold at Euro champs, as Dutch media suggested :p 

Edited by heywoodu

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

is there any wildcard in this sport ?

:ALG has qualified 0 to rio , any chance to get one ?

Yes, there are wild cards.

No, there is no chance for Algeria because the wild cards have already been distributed :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taekwondo_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

On 5/23/2016 at 20:31, heywoodu said:

Thanks again, especially what you say about his style is interesting, I'll pay attention to him if any of the streams show taekwondo during the Olympics. 

Lol, yeah, I wait anxiously the Olympic Games in order to be able to watch taekwondo, badminton, slalom canoeing, BMX, trampoline and synchronized swimming