website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

the guy himself managed to move our relay from 10 seconds behind 10th place to the final 20th and behind Korea !!! oh dear...what a crime :wall:

looks we started another beautiful biathlon season

Well, to be honest, Korea did some Olympics shopping in Anna Boulygina and soon to be Timofei Lapshin, so they won't be the usual big punching bag. :d

1 hour ago, dcro said:

These single mixed relays seem... Unnecessary...

The only good thing of ever adding it to the Olympic program would be if it means the end of the unfair pursuit in the Olympics :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only good thing of ever adding it to the Olympic program would be if it means the end of the unfair pursuit in the Olympics :evil:

However, some of the winter federations ought to learn that all of the reasonable formats have been created. I mean, there is whole bunch of new weird and useless events appearing everywhere. Single mixed relay in biathlon, mass start and team sprint in speed skating, team sprint in nordic combined... Or my "favourite", "sprint" events in luge. :lol:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

However, some of the winter federations ought to learn that all of the reasonable formats have been created. I mean, there is whole bunch of new weird and useless events appearing everywhere. Single mixed relay in biathlon, mass start and team sprint in speed skating, team sprint in nordic combined... Or my "favourite", "sprint" events in luge. :lol:

I do like the single mixed to be honest, but not as a "serious" event :p 

It's a perfect event for exhibition events like in Gelsenkirchen, the best format I can think of actually :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!