website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)

I see a Refugee athlete in this category, so perhaps the mentioned quota will not be reallocated at all and we will have 16 wrestlers as in every other class ... who knows, maybe it was the "Bachplan" from the beginning :p

Edited by hckošice

15 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

But in the end UWW will do what it feels it's right and we have no idea what it will be.

Actually we do, because the exact same thing happened in 2016 and 2020

they did the other way in 2016 which made a mess. giving this quota to guy A and than took A's quota and give it to B ... 

but since 2020 they changed it a little bit , add few more words to the qualification document "not yet qualified" to make things clear. 2024 will be exactly like 2020. 

I have some doubts though, but that's in other weights, 74kg FS is pretty clear (if Russia is not able to send someone else)

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Actually we do, because the exact same thing happened in 2016 and 2020

they did the other way in 2016 which made a mess. giving this quota to guy A and than took A's quota and give it to B ... 

but since 2020 they changed it a little bit , add few more words to the qualification document "not yet qualified" to make things clear. 2024 will be exactly like 2020. 

I have some doubts though, but that's in other weights, 74kg FS is pretty clear (if Russia is not able to send someone else)

What weights? Should we add more alternatives to the table?

I do not think russians will be allowed to send substitutes. On the contrary, I expect some of the names on the current list of eligble wrestlers to be scratched.

According to their recent statements IOC started sending invitations directly to the athletes yesterday. Taekwondo confirmed that the decision is final. Cycling said that they had sent substitutes for confirmed riders and they were approved alltogether.

Mamiashvili declared that they will decide to take part in the Games on the 20th of June.

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

Why would she be excluded?

I don't believe there is any mechanism for the IOC to deny participation of an athlete with a :RUS or :BLR passport that is competing for another country (short of denying the change of sporting citizenship, obv)

She still have Russian citizenship, trains in Russia, in May she posted on instagram photo with Russian ministry of sport and as we all known corrupted judges unfairly give her the quota by lowering points to her main opponent.

35 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Is Medvedev allowed to participate in Tennis? I saw 3 others that were not but his name is not on that list

Short answer )) : no decision by the IOC tennis players

According to russian sources, they sent request to ITF about all their players in TOP-100 and all of them are OK for ITF (it means nothing as we could see in wrestling and taekwondo).

Now they are working on their final entry. Medvedev is to be included according to the officials and he has intention to play.

That final entry will be sent to the IOC by ITF. And the IOC will give final decision.

That 3 others withdraw themselves. It is notable that withdraws activelt started after the decisions of wrestling and taeknowno. Looks like russians are trying to avoid of losing quotas - so they will keep in the list players with "clean records".

Anyway, ITF has to get entries from russia finalize general quota distribution to proceed.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

She still have Russian citizenship, trains in Russia, in May she posted on instagram photo with Russian ministry of sport and as we all known corrupted judges unfairly give her the quota by lowering points to her main opponent.

I get that, but AFAIK the rules around having to maintain neutrality only applies for athletes that want neutral status, not for Russian citizens who also have other citizenships and who are competing for those countries. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything indicating that.

TASS got a quote from the IOC press-officer: 

"The review process for wrestling, weightlifting and taekwondo is closed, as well as for trampolining and road cycling."

So no more AINs will get invitation in these sports. It means that reallocation will definitely happen.

3 hours ago, avlar said:

TASS got a quote from the IOC press-officer: 

"The review process for wrestling, weightlifting and taekwondo is closed, as well as for trampolining and road cycling."

So no more AINs will get invitation in these sports. It means that reallocation will definitely happen.

the question is who will get what, because there each Sport can handle things diffrently

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

the question is who will get what, because there each Sport can handle things diffrently

Yes. We have some provisional calculations in the second post of this topic.

But they are not final even for these sports:

Belarussian NOC announced that it will decide whether to send those athletes invited by the IOC to the Games or not.

They mentioned that according to their position only the athlete who won license must go to the games. Thus quota in M74 freestyle can become free.

By the wat russians wrestlers have a meeting on the 19th of June to decide to go or not to go. And they mentioned that dealine in the 20th of June.

So we have to wait several days to find out if mor free quotas will be available.