website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 3/5/2024 at 9:03 AM, MHSN said:

Entry list for the European qualifier, the list is not final but will have only few changes 

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/1eedaad3-a110-6ece-86c8-65c730caa373

the list is updated now, Naifonov and the great Sadulaev is added for Russia (they won other 4 FS quotas already)

Russians :SRB Komarov and :GRE Kurugliev are added too after "solving" their passport/eligibility problems 

lots of hot favorite are unseeded which means being seeded means almost nothing and luck/draw will play a big factor here. for example if you are in the same half as Sadulaev, you are already out. apparently he is healthy now and will run over these guys.

or at 86, Naifonov and Kurugliev will win the quota unless they fall in the same half.

Edited by MHSN

49 minutes ago, MHSN said:

great Sadulaev is added for Russia

I don't know how they will solve a case if he wins the quota, because he is ineligible for the Olympics 

Mind you I’m far from an expert, but I believe the following athletes are the favourites for women’s freestyle quotas at the European Qualifier judging off of results from the last two European Championships/World Championships (leaving men’s greco-roman and men’s freestyle to MSHN)

If I’m missing any names feel free to tell me. 

50kg: :UKR Oksana Livach, :AZE Mariya Stadnik, :AIN Ksenia Stankevich, :POL Anna Lukasiak, :ITA Emmanuela Liuzzi, :ROU Ana-Maria Pirvu, :BUL Miglena Selishka

53kg: :GRE Maria Prevolaraki, :AIN Natalia Malysheva, :HUN Stalvira Orshush, :TUR Zeynet Yegtil, :MDA Mariana Dragutan, :ROU Andreea Ana

57kg: :TUR Elvira Kamaloglu, :BUL Evelina Nikolova, :AZE Zhala Aliyeva, :HUN Ramona Galambos, :UKR Alina Hrushyna, :GER Elena Brugger, :AIN Iryna Kurachkina

62kg: :BUL Bilyana Dudova, :SWE Johanna Lindborg, :AIN Veranika Ivanova, :AZE Birgul Soltanova, :MDA Mariana Cherdivara, :POL Aleksandra Wolczynska, :ROU Kriszta Tunde

68kg: :BUL Mimi Hristova, :CZE Adela Hanzlickova, :UKR Tetiana Rizkho, :AIN Khanum Velieva, :AIN Hanna Sadchanka

76kg: :EST Epp Mae, :ROU Catalina Axente, :AIN Anastasiya Zimiankova, :TUR Yasemin Adar, :ITA Enrica Rinaldi, :UKR Anastasiia Osniach, :AUT Marina Kuenz, :GER Francy Radelt, :HUN Bernadett Nagy, :LTU Kamile Gaucaite

Edited by Josh

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Mind you I’m fat from an expert, but I believe the following athletes are the favourites for women’s freestyle quotas at the European Qualifier judging off of results from the last two European Championships/World Championships (leaving men’s greco-roman and men’s freestyle to MSHN)

50kg: :UKR Oksana Livach, :AZE Mariya Stadnik, :AIN Ksenia Stankevich, :POL Anna Lukasiak, :ITA Emmanuela Liuzzi, :ROU Ana-Maria Pirvu, :BUL Miglena Selishka

53kg: :GRE Maria Prevolaraki, :AIN Natalia Malysheva, :HUN Stalvira Orshush, :TUR Zeynet Yegtil, :MDA Mariana Dragutan, :ROU Andreea Ana

57kg: :TUR Elvira Kamaloglu, :BUL Evelina Nikolova, :AZE Zhala Aliyeva, :HUN Ramona Galambos, :UKR Alina Hrushyna, :GER Elena Brugger, :AIN Iryna Kurachkina

62kg: :BUL Bilyana Dudova, :SWE Johanna Lindborg, :AIN Veranika Ivanova, :AZE Birgul Soltanova, :MDA Mariana Cherdivara, :POL Aleksandra Wolczynska, :ROU Kriszta Tunde

68kg: :BUL Mimi Hristova, :CZE Adela Hanzlickova, :UKR Tetiana Rizkho, :AIN Khanum Velieva, :AIN Hanna Sadchanka

76kg: Will edit soon, about to eat :p

''fat from an expert'' that's a very interesting statement

As if the BG qualification cycle isn't subpar enough, now two of our best wrestlers are going to miss the European Qualifier..:(

Kiril Milov (GR 97 kg) tore his thigh muscle at the training camp in Croatia and could be out for several months.

Edmond Nazaryan (GR 60 kg) has also an undisclosed injury. Hope is that he could be ready for the final Qualifier, but in what form is going to be a mystery. Everything is just fine and dandy :wall:

On 3/21/2024 at 1:26 AM, Josh said:

Mind you I’m far from an expert, but I believe the following athletes are the favourites for women’s freestyle quotas at the European Qualifier judging off of results from the last two European Championships/World Championships (leaving men’s greco-roman and men’s freestyle to MSHN)

76kg: :EST Epp Mae, :ROU Catalina Axente, :AIN Anastasiya Zimiankova, :TUR Yasemin Adar, :ITA Enrica Rinaldi, :UKR Anastasiia Osniach, :AUT Marina Kuenz, :GER Francy Radelt, :HUN Bernadett Nagy, :LTU Kamile Gaucaite

Indeed you're no expert at all; I stopped reading after the first 2 weight classes.

At 50 kg, Stadnik is better than Livach every day of the week and twice on Sundays; Mariya is 3 levels above the rest of the field.

At 53 kg, Andreea Ana is reigning European champion (3x) and you put her in last spot of the list :) 

Just now, zob79 said:

Indeed you're no expert at all; I stopped reading after the first 2 weight classes.

At 50 kg, Stadnik is better than Livach every day of the week and twice on Sundays; Mariya is 3 levels above the rest of the field.

At 53 kg, Andreea Ana is reigning European champion (3x) and you put her in last spot of the list :) 

This wasn’t in order :d

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, zob79 said:

What's the point, then?

The point was to list all wrestlers with even a slight chance of a quota. 

FYI: I was scrolling through various UWW results pages in order to make my list, and couldn’t be bothered to put them in the correct order after. 

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Josh said:

The point was to list all wrestlers with even a slight chance of a quota. 

FYI: I was scrolling through various UWW results pages in order to make my list, and couldn’t be bothered to put them in the correct order after. 

It's like comparing a horse's schlong to yours and saying "we both have schlongs"

Edited by zob79