website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Despite the sanctions, Bayramov remains the winner of the bout as according to Article 53 of the International Wrestling Rules, under no circumstances may the result of a match be modified after the victory has been declared on the mat.

Utter BS

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Despite the sanctions, Bayramov remains the winner of the bout as according to Article 53 of the International Wrestling Rules, under no circumstances may the result of a match be modified after the victory has been declared on the mat.

Utter BS

Actually that's correct, if they do that, that opens a can of worms. but wait a minute, the same organization modified 87kg World Championship final result just few months ago :d wasn't that against Article 53? :d 

I checked the nationality of the refs. the center ref from Ukraine and the challenge guy (the famous Cicioglu of Turkey) received the biggest ban until the end of 2024, they will miss the Olympics. the judge from Iraq will be banned til September and will miss Paris as well.

the Mat Chairman (from Russia) and the other two guys reviewing the challenge (from Tunisia and USA) will be banned only for 2 months. 

They are making Chamizo #1 seed for the last chance qualifier, somehow to make up for this :d

I took a look at the entry list and I think it's not that bad for him. at least he will avoid both #2 and #3 seeds Salkaznov and Demirtas. (that can change if China sends a different wrestler who has a better seed than both of these guys)

Salkazanov is the worst possible matchup for Chamizo. not facing him is the best news for the Italian