website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Mr. Cam said:

Tell FIBA to change their qualification procedures. FIBA is a EUROPEAN organization.

Many people believe that FIBA is as corrupt as FIFA. FIBA would LOVE to have the

power, influence, and $$$ that FIFA has.

Didn't i mention, that the qualification is moronic already? And don't get me started in Continental "preferences", because i can say a lot of things...

In the end Canada lost 2 out of 3 matches and that is no ones fault, but their own. If they are this amazing team, that everyone is clamoring, then they would have cruised in this group, where 75% (!!!!!) are going through. I was just mentioning, that people like to bring the fairplay card, when it is against them, but often ignore all the other times it happens. 

And actually, i do wish FIBA was more powerful. Then we wouldn't be having the stupid Euroleague and basketball would have a better structure and prospect in Europe and around the world, like football has. 

41 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I find it dishonest to deprive athletes in this way, :FRA played its 3 matches seriously!!

Dishonest? Don't think that it makes sense to use that word in this situation. I think you could call it "unsports(wo)manlike". I think France had a much easier group, so you probably wouldn't even have noticed if they would have played at 80 %. I also think that Canada has more potential than Hungary, so from a spanish perspective it was smart to eliminate Canada from the olympics. Of course Spain won't be "allowed" to complain if Canada does the same to them in the future, but i guess the odds of Canada ever getting in such a position are rather small, so Spain obviously thought that it was "worth the risk".

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Didn't i mention, that the qualification is moronic already? And don't get me started in Continental "preferences", because i can say a lot of things...

In the end Canada lost 2 out of 3 matches and that is no ones fault, but their own. If they are this amazing team, that everyone is clamoring, then they would have cruised in this group, where 75% (!!!!!) are going through. I was just mentioning, that people like to bring the fairplay card, when it is against them, but often ignore all the other times it happens. 

And actually, i do wish FIBA was more powerful. Then we wouldn't be having the stupid Euroleague and basketball would have a better structure and prospect in Europe and around the world, like football has. 

Um, I would agree but their group was far from easy. Let’s say they got Belgium/China’s group, qualification would’ve pretty much been a guarantee. Could’ve been worse I suppose. 

Edited by Josh

14 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Things seem to be turning around! finally we are going to see a great match

Actually, the FIBA Secretary General Andreas Zagklis sent a text to the SEB to "tighten" the game up to stave off any "tampering" talk.

Edited by Sindo

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Spain's basketball reeks of embarrassment and cheating. I hope they get 4th in Paris.

Not really, and I don’t understand why anyone would be mad at the Spanish team. Spain did what it should do, take it easy and play this as a friendly. This is just inevitable with the format. Had Canada won the fame this morning then Spain would have won tonight and Japan would be out.

if FIBA wants to avoid matches like this where only one team wants to win they need to revisit the format.

14 hours ago, james89 said:

Spain must have read this form and didn't like the accusations of throwing the game!

Fixed your post: FIBA Secretary General Andreas Zagklis read this form and didn't like the accusations of SPAIN throwing the game!

Edited by Sindo