website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Wow! Even if it is an arena that charges the direction of throwing based on the wins and it was 21 m/a and it is strange that they don't have rules such as the sprints and long jump/triple jump, it is still very impressive and would have been interesting to see Ceh and Ståhl here too. 

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, the lack of actual grand stands makes this "stadium" look quite unique. I wonder if it suddenly becomes the new go-to-place for throwers :d

Haven't fields like these been the go-to-place for throwers looking for limits and records for years already? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Haven't fields like these been the go-to-place for throwers looking for limits and records for years already? :p 

Except Alekna's father who never cared to do it,admits that was a mistake and told Mykolas not to repeat the mistake.

10 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Except Alekna's father who never cared to do it,admits that was a mistake and told Mykolas not to repeat the mistake.

Wow, I'd expect a prouder reaction from dad :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, I'd expect a prouder reaction from dad :d 

I meant that he said that it was a mistake for HIM himself,to never chase winds,and he ended up without a world record.He basically gave Mykolas the green light to do this,he's very proud of him

42 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I meant that he said that it was a mistake for HIM himself,to never chase winds,and he ended up without a world record.He basically gave Mykolas the green light to do this,he's very proud of him

Right, that makes a lot more sense :d 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Right, that makes a lot more sense :d 

i mean i thought,that's what i already said in response to your ''all discus guys chase winds'' comment that Alekna senior never cared for wind chasing himself,i'm not sure how i could of phrased my first response diffrently .anyway,all good.  

Realistically you have to subtract 5 or 6 meters. He is still one of the favorites for the Olympics, but nothing more.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

ok and ? Schult threw in a tornado.

How does that make it any better? Why not throw from the top of the Himalaya or in a wind canal?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I can not stop laughing. This just made my day :lol: