website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

vor einer Stunde schrieb VolleyRuller96:

Harting's last throw was unbevielable. I feel sorry for the Estonian guy who just narowly missed on bronze...

Małachowski was still great :)

Congrats to Malachowski, i am sorry for him, he deserved the gold. I am still a bit happy that he didnt win, but not because a german won instead (Harting is a crazy guy and he does a lot of weird things (for example he didnt give any interviews the whole year), but i dont like him very much), but because i dont want people looking like Malachwoski/Carter/Schwanitz/Kovacs to win a gold at the olympics.

I guess you dont have to be too sad, you will win at least 2 golds in athletics. :yes

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

37 minutes ago, bestmen said:

they said that on TV

Yeah, basically everyone ever already "knows" that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

You are consistent comparing to those who love Bolt and despise Phelps :evil::p

They're both amazing athletes but I don't really like either of them :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They're both amazing athletes but I don't really like either of them :d 

I don't know either of them personally, of course, but to me at least Bolt seems to have fun out there and is talkative with fans, volunteers and other competitors.  Phelps seems a little...in his own world...above everyone else.  While De Grasse was doing an interview after a race one time, Bolt went over and congratulated him and said he was the future of the sport.  I've never seen Phelps even interact with anyone else (besides teammates).  I'd rather watch a guy out there having fun and soaking it up than someone so 'above it all', personally.  

45 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I don't know either of them personally, of course, but to me at least Bolt seems to have fun out there and is talkative with fans, volunteers and other competitors.  Phelps seems a little...in his own world...above everyone else.  While De Grasse was doing an interview after a race one time, Bolt went over and congratulated him and said he was the future of the sport.  I've never seen Phelps even interact with anyone else (besides teammates).  I'd rather watch a guy out there having fun and soaking it up than someone so 'above it all', personally.  

For me it's just too much "Look at me, I'm great!"