website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

As much as I would love for it to happen, yeah I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much. I’d put a fair few names over him (Rose, Liendo, Grousset, Temple, Kharun, Ponti, and Dressel/Milak if they’re back in form) in terms of odds for Olympic medas, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. Olympics do usually tend to bring out the best in athletes,  and he could improve on his time, but 51 low probably be enough for an Olympic medal.  

Of course Rose and Dressel first need to qualify through the USA Olympic Trials, which is far from certain. 

Edited by Josh

Gkolomeev 8th in the final, a bit disappointing to be honest.

Ntountounaki ended up getting in as an alternate and got 7th instead of her usual 9th place for a change :p

Also 9th for Makrygiannis in the men's 50 backstroke with a big PB :yes

Last day tomorrow with three events for us, all with Olympic qualification on the line - men's 400 medley (Papastamos) and the two medley relays. The most important is the women's medley relay because that would give Drasidou and Kontogeorgou spots at the Olympics. The men's medley team won't produce any new Olympians, and Papastamos will have other chances to get OQT as he did for Tokyo as well.

I had a feeling that the 50 free wasn't gonna go according to plan because unlike last year McEvoy looked quite nervous when walking out. Hope he spends a good amount of time with a sports psychologist between now and Paris. 

I fear the Olympics might be a little bit too soon for Ribeiro...