website statistics

Men's Rugby Sevens Tournament at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Britain looked good in their win over Spain without ever looking spectacular. Likewise, Ireland did what they needed to do to put Portugal away without needing to bring their A game.

The final could be close - 5-10 point difference - but if Ireland bring their A game, there is only going to be one winner. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Britain looked good in their win over Spain without ever looking spectacular. Likewise, Ireland did what they needed to do to put Portugal away without needing to bring their A game.

The final could be close - 5-10 point difference - but if Ireland bring their A game, there is only going to be one winner. 

Whover loses will still have a huge chance of winning the final qualifying tournament. No top class teams will be there.

Yes me made it!!! :IRL  :clap:

This makes me so happy because I have tickets for men's rugby at next year's Olympics on 25th July and 27th July so it's amazing I will get to cheer on Ireland! :)

Edited by OlympicIRL

On 6/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, Oldira said:

Whover loses will still have a huge chance of winning the final qualifying tournament. No top class teams will be there.

GBR favourites I think in the men's final tournament. ALL the good teams likely to qualify directly. Tonga likely the biggest banana skin

Agreed. I’d have GBR as strong favourites. 

There’s just very little wriggle room for them now. They could conceivably lose to Canada/USA and Samoa (if they don’t  win the Oceania qualifier)

Sevens can throw up some very odd results 

Edited by dodge