website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Although I think this is a political decision and nothing to do with the Covid situation

Yeah, that’s possible. Japan and North Korea’s relations could be described as “strained” at best. North Korea had to get special dispensation from Japan to even let their athletes enter the country to compete at the 2017 Asian Winter Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, that’s possible. Japan and North Korea’s relations could be described as “strained” at best. North Korea had to get special dispensation from Japan to even let their athletes enter the country to compete at the 2017 Asian Winter Games.

this is sad, any country missing the Olympics is sad. I don't know (nobody knows I assume) how things work in North Korea but I assume winning an Olympic medal will change the life for everybody, even in North Korea. some of their athletes will miss their lifetime chance :( hopefully there will be a solution

2 hours ago, rybak said:

I believe that Turkmenistan and several small Pacific nations will miss this too.

Turkmenistan is sending wrestlers to the Asian OQT, don't count on our Turkmen friends :d

btw I recently found out I can watch most  Turkmen state TV channels from where I live :d interesting stuff :p their sport channel shows "teaching Chess" + "Serie A " that's the best combination ever. :d and everything is green in their studios

just kidding, not trying to make fun of any country, but between our neighbor countries, Turkmenistan is the one I'm less informed about. so I was kind of curious to see what's happening on their TV.

3 hours ago, rybak said:

several small Pacific nations will miss this too.

If Palau, Guam, American Samoa, FSM can travel to Tunisia for Olympic Qualifiers they won't skip the Olympics for sure. PNG ,Fiji and Samoa definitely are medal contenders so don't see that coming. 

I have a little doubt on Nauru and Marshall Islands but New Zealand will take care of them just like that of  cook islands .

I don't know about some poorer african nations hope they get some support. 

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yonhap News Agency is reporting that North Korea will not attend the 2020 Summer Olympics.

No Om Yun-chol, screw these Olympics :nopompom: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!