website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

il y a 4 minutes, JoshMartini007 a déclaré:

Overall a good day for Canada, winning medals in the expected events, including two in slopestyle. Also a good performance in luge, finishing 6th. We also had a victory in women's ice hockey and finished first in the group stage in mixed double curling. The figure team skating event has us in a good place to win our first gold medal, it looks like Patrick Chan will skate the free program.

Hopefully he will do better than in the short? 

1 hour ago, Canada4thewin said:

Hopefully he will do better than in the short? 

I hope everyone does better, that men's short program was horrible. At this point Canada just needs to keep an eye on the Olympic Athletes from Russia. We could clinch after the men's free skate if we gain three points on Russia

Edited by JoshMartini007

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

I guess the main site is wrong then...

Weird...I looked last night and it said Keegan Messing and now it says Chan. We're not taking this lightly, we could have subbed out Poje/Weaver for Virtue/Moir and we didn't.

4 minutes ago, james89 said:

Weird...I looked last night and it said Keegan Messing and now it says Chan. We're not taking this lightly, we could have subbed out Poje/Weaver for Virtue/Moir and we didn't.

Yeah, the only change we've made was in the women's singles and at worst it was a lateral move. The figure skating program wants gold.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah, the only change we've made was in the women's singles and at worst it was a lateral move. The figure skating program wants gold.

They are so close, they don't want to blow it on a stupid mistake.

Don't want to jinx it, and I'm not being cocky, but given the skaters I think the gold is Canada's to lose now.  The only place OAR can make serious gains is in women's and maybe pairs (doubtful).  Men's should be fine given their lack of star power.  And ice dance, well, we have a Hulk (Virtue and Moir).  

4 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Don't want to jinx it, and I'm not being cocky, but given the skaters I think the gold is Canada's to lose now.  The only place OAR can make serious gains is in women's and maybe pairs (doubtful).  Men's should be fine given their lack of star power.  And ice dance, well, we have a Hulk (Virtue and Moir).  

Pairs long already happened. Canada was first, Russia third.