website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

My predictions for the second semifinal. A lot more open than the first and bar 2-3 songs, anyone can qualify. That is why i'm also a little bit nervous for Poli. I hope everything goes as planned and all the possitive feedback she has gotten is transfered into votes. 

The obvious qualifiers are Ukraine, Australia, Serbia. The fairly secure ones i could say are Israel, Latvia, Belgium and us hopefully. The last 3 spots are a real battle and i'll put my money on Poland (very good singer, even if the song isn't anything special, but the big polish diaspora will qualify the song i suppose), Lithuania (energetic sond and the staging is good, so i think it will get through) and Belarus, which may surprise many, but the publicity he has gotten and visual staging will help him even if the song is awful. But like i said a very open semifinal and some of the rest could very well sneak in.

I think that Australia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria, Latvia, Israel, Norway and Poland will 100 % qualify. And for last 2 spots will be fight between Macedonia, Lithuania, Belgium and Belarus.

Albania, Denmark, Slovenia and Ireland are without chances .

However, good luck to all contestants, especially for Sanja and Kaliopi.