website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, Col_Frost said:

That's strange. Usually Eurosport shows this sort of things when he is showing some event on his international channel but can't do it in specific country. But why if there is no other broadcaster in Romania?

It is very strange, indeed. But Eurosport Romania isn't what I expect from them lately. For example, we always get football on Saturdays during the Premier League season, from 1 pm to late evening, covering usually 4 live matches plus highlights. I would be happy for example with a 2 hour extended highlights with 2 or 3 replies during the week. Other sports have to suffer because of this policy. And last weekend they had the Motorcycle 24 hour Ball d'Or and instead I couldn't watch the Aragonese Moto GP round.... And during the winter season I already expect to watch Ski Jumping or other events close to Saturday midnight with more than 10 hours delay...

Shame is to be shared also by the usual national sports broadcaster TVR but they never presented the Athletics World Championships. Instead I can watch there the all the matches from the Rugby World Championship even if Romania didn't qualify which is a nice effort from them.

Just now, dcro said:

Looks like a provisional medal for Moldova.

I say provisional because more or less every Moldovan medal gets stripped at some point. :wacko:

BBC meanwhile are too busy talking about Martyn Rooney's Instagram than to bother showing some of the action.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Romania always used to be a big athletics nation as well, it's a shame if the World Championships are no longer even on TV. 

Well, not quite big but there were some medals in the past. Nowadays however situation got worse and there's only hope for the future.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

BBC meanwhile are too busy talking about Martyn Rooney's Instagram than to bother showing some of the action.

ERM EXCUSE ME THIS IS A :GBR:GBR:GBR BRITISH CHANNEL

BRITISH ATHLETES ONLY

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

WATCH REMOANERSPORT INSTEAD

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold