website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

As for recent British Doping-gate...

The Sunday Times mentioned tennis and ARD showed this pic:

MMW4lGK.jpg

Even despite censoring his face we all know who he is (the pic is from London Olympics, being awarded by Rene Fasel).

If it's true... wow @the level of hypocrisy:facepalm:

Did they hint at him or they wanted to bring more drama with a random pic?

Edited by Xander

31 minutes ago, Xander said:

As for recent British Doping-gate...

The Sunday Times mentioned tennis and ARD showed this pic:

MMW4lGK.jpg

Even despite censoring his face we all know who he is (the pic is from London Olympics, being awarded by Rene Fasel).

If it's true... wow @the level of hypocrisy:facepalm:

Did they hint at him or they wanted to bring more drama with a random pic?

Interview with the doctor involved said that he had not treated any professional tennis players. Strange why they would choose that picture .

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Trust me, there is no way I believe the Dutch skaters in general are clean :d 

But thinking that this whole thing about the Russian state doping is actually a Western conspiracy..nah, no way. Maybe it is easy to make people believe that countries like Russia, China and North Korea are massively doping, but I really don't think this is such a weird thought. 

Instead of screaming "OMG it's a conspiracy!" like a frustrated teenage child, it'd be a lot more helpful to take the blame and start cleaning up the mess for real. 

But why only those states? This is key issue here. I don't think there is conspiracy about state Russian doping but I am pretty sure there is a conspiracy to target only Russian state doping. There's big difference. I don't deny doping from Russians, obviously it exists but I don't beleive that only Russians are big bad wolf in that sense. I mean you are mentioning Russia, China and N. Korea. Why? Because regimes in these countries aren't carrying water for the US regime.. It's politics.

3 minutes ago, nenad said:

But why only those states? This is key issue here. I don't think there is conspiracy about state Russian doping but I am pretty sure there is a conspiracy to target only Russian state doping. There's big difference. I don't deny doping from Russians, obviously it exists but I don't beleive that only Russians are big bad wolf in that sense. I mean you are mentioning Russia, China and N. Korea. Why? Because regimes in these countries aren't carrying water for the US regime.. It's politics.

Mostly because those are quite well known as oppressing regimes where saying "the Great Leader is maybe not the best thing that happened to our Great Nation ever" gets you in jail as a matter of speak. And yes, I find freedom-hating regimes harder to believe (I mean, look at East-Germany, not exactly a free country back in the time and they had some serious doping going on..."bring joy to the Motherland" at all costs). 

And I agree with you about the Russians not being the only big bad wolf. I would definitely not be surprised if Dutch speed skaters, British cyclists or American sprinters are just as clean as Russian athletes and Chinese swimmers. My main point is, it's so weak to just say "Stop talking bad about us, it's just a Western conspiracy and the West is the big bad wolf who wants to hurt us, the innocent little pigs" instead of focussing all that energy on actually cleaning up the mess. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Mostly because those are quite well known as oppressing regimes where saying "the Great Leader is maybe not the best thing that happened to our Great Nation ever" gets you in jail as a matter of speak. And yes, I find freedom-hating regimes harder to believe (I mean, look at East-Germany, not exactly a free country back in the time and they had some serious doping going on..."bring joy to the Motherland" at all costs). 

You just made my point for me. This is politics speaking. Talking about freedom hating regimes and other nonsense. East Germany is history. I mean we could talk politics, maybe not on this thread, talking about racial, gender or income inequality or healthcare in the USA but it's not the point. It's a bias. And when we are talking doping you do believe that all these others are doping as well but we are not seeing them being punished so that's the reason for "conspiracy" stories.

1 minute ago, nenad said:

You just made my point for me. This is politics speaking. Talking about freedom hating regimes and other nonsense. East Germany is history. I mean we could talk politics, maybe not on this thread, talking about racial, gender or income inequality or healthcare in the USA but it's not the point. It's a bias. And when we are talking doping you do believe that all these others are doping as well but we are not seeing them being punished so that's the reason for "conspiracy" stories.

My point about this is that it's a) easier to believe and b) more logical that countries where "glory to the Motherland" (or some communist stuff) through sports is so incredibly important, are doping with state help.

For example here in the Netherlands we don't have this extreme "glory to the Motherland" feeling and I don't think there is state-run doping here. Obviously I think there is doping here, but I think it's more private or arranged by the teams itself instead of coming from the sports federations and authorities.

But my main point stays the same: it is a sign of huge weakness when people are saying "Stop it, it's a conspiracy from the big bad wolf against us!" instead of "We're gonna do all we can to clean up this shit". 

1. XX athletes from country X get caught

2. People in country X respond by saying "omg, conspiracy against us, we're the victims!!"

That doesn't make it any more believable. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

My point about this is that it's a) easier to believe and b) more logical that countries where "glory to the Motherland" (or some communist stuff) through sports is so incredibly important, are doping with state help.

For example here in the Netherlands we don't have this extreme "glory to the Motherland" feeling and I don't think there is state-run doping here. Obviously I think there is doping here, but I think it's more private or arranged by the teams itself instead of coming from the sports federations and authorities.

But my main point stays the same: it is a sign of huge weakness when people are saying "Stop it, it's a conspiracy from the big bad wolf against us!" instead of "We're gonna do all we can to clean up this shit". 

1. XX athletes from country X get caught

2. People in country X respond by saying "omg, conspiracy against us, we're the victims!!"

That doesn't make it any more believable. 

But it makes it believable when there are no other countries involved.

And again your first sentence is biased because there isn't anything logical that thoce countries would dope more than other countries. Only propaganda.

1 minute ago, nenad said:

But it makes it believable when there are no other countries involved.

And again your first sentence is biased because there isn't anything logical that thoce countries would dope more than other countries. Only propaganda.

If the state/regime/whatever finds it more important to show their glory through sports, it makes it more believable that the state helps in doping, in my opinion. 

strong rumours about a mega scandal in Russian ice hockey!!! apparently Russia will not send their team to the upcomming Under 18 world championships because many players from the team were caught on meldonium. The Russian federation cancelled the tomorrows planned departure to USA for the World Champs which will start 14th april. the coach Vitaly Prokhorov has been immediately fired, the rumours said that the entire team will be replaced with the U17s!!!