website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

15 hours ago, Xander said:

What's more suspicious - these meds exist for 4 (!) decades but they were included to the prohibited list only now.

7 months before the Olympics :mumble: After certain lobbyist studying that it's popular among their competitors E. Europeans.

I don't know what's suspicious about that. It's definitely not the extremely childing Russian thing of "OMG it's a Western conspiracy to make us look bad!11!!!!", because if that was the case, Russia wouldn't have voted for the inclusion of meldonium on the WADA list. And besides, that's Russia's standard reaction. They don't like something, they make it "a Western conspiracy". Grow up Russians. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't know what's suspicious about that. It's definitely not the extremely childing Russian thing of "OMG it's a Western conspiracy to make us look bad!11!!!!", because if that was the case, Russia wouldn't have voted for the inclusion of meldonium on the WADA list. And besides, that's Russia's standard reaction. They don't like something, they make it "a Western conspiracy". Grow up Russians. 

This is the standard response of a hypocrites. After WADA have stated the real attack on the russian sport, that see all over the world, in response ironic that the russian doesnt like it and it seems a conspiracy. I dont know how to call it - a conspiracy or something else, but I'm sure - will soon be held Olympics in Rio and believe, will begin a new era in the sports policy.

WADA crossed the line of what is permitted and will be responsible for everything. For that mixes sports and politics, to ban meldonium (none of the Russian did not vote for it - it's a lie!). WADA is responsible for all the machinations with the сanadian Pound, for the fact that this anglo-saxon organization closed and uncontrolled, and under the guise of the fight against doping decides the fate of people.  Everything changes after Rio.

Now you can enjoy and open the champagne because it was lucky that now Russian sports run by idiots like the Minister Mutko.  But this, too, will change soon.

Will soon get to the Dutch "clean" skaters,  to the "clean" British athlets and to norwegian asthmatics. You're clever and brazen, taking legal dope, are undercover WADA. Continues to delight each new doping case of russian, has a short time left

Edited by Dimast

Just now, Dimast said:

This is the standard response of a hypocrites. After WADA have stated the real attack on the russian sport in response ironic that the russian doesnt like it and it seems a conspiracy. I dont know how to call it - a conspiracy or something else, but I'm sure - will soon be held Olympics in Rio and believe will begin a new era in the sports policy.

WADA crossed the line of what is permitted and will be responsible for everything. For that mixes sports and politics, to ban meldonium (none of the Russian did not vote for it - it's a lie!). WADA is responsible for all the machinations with the сanadian Pound, for the fact that this anglo-saxon organization closed and uncontrolled, and under the guise of the fight against doping decides the fate of people.  Everything changes after Rio.

Now you can enjoy and open the champagne because it was lucky that now Russian sports run by idiots like the Minister Mutko.  But this, too, will change soon.

Will soon get to the Dutch "clean" skaters,  to the "clean" British athlets and to norwegian asthmatics. You're clever and brazen, taking legal dope, are undercover WADA. Continues to delight each new doping case of russian, has a short time left

Trust me, there is no way I believe the Dutch skaters in general are clean :d 

But thinking that this whole thing about the Russian state doping is actually a Western conspiracy..nah, no way. Maybe it is easy to make people believe that countries like Russia, China and North Korea are massively doping, but I really don't think this is such a weird thought. 

Instead of screaming "OMG it's a conspiracy!" like a frustrated teenage child, it'd be a lot more helpful to take the blame and start cleaning up the mess for real. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

looks like Nikolay Kuksenkov is also positive on meldonium

1) Source?

2) I think this is really bad news for Russia, this destroys their (already small) chance to fight for a team medal in Rio.

3) I just hope that Verniaiev, Belyavskiy and Ablyazin are clean.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

I think first (?) case in water polo, Russian player Alexey Bugaychuk

1) When was he tested and for which substance?

2) Is he part of the russian roster at the world qualification tournament for Rio?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) When was he tested and for which substance?

2) Is he part of the russian roster at the world qualification tournament for Rio?

http://www.waterpoloworld.com/News/tabid/169/ArticleId/9601/Alexey-Bugaychuk-positive-on-meldonium.aspx

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Source?

2) I think this is really bad news for Russia, this destroys their (already small) chance to fight for a team medal in Rio.

3) I just hope that Verniaiev, Belyavskiy and Ablyazin are clean.

http://www.intlgymnast.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4508:kuksenkov-scratches-russian-nationals-after-positive-test-for-meldonium&catid=2:news&Itemid=166

7 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Thanks! I really dont understand it ...

Either russian athletes live on the moon OR they just dont care OR meldonium remains much longer in the body than expected. There is no other explanation why they are still caught, more than 3 months after Meldonium became illegal.

Edited by OlympicsFan