website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Just now, Майкл said:

Most of those who were tested positive are amongst the top athletes and they probably didn't even pay attention what pills they were taking... They're probably too lazy to check the list themselves and that's why they trust their doctors more than they should, lol.

That would make them even more extremely stupid :) 

Especially the top athletes should pay attention and, as many top athletes say, "I read the ingredients of every single thing I eat, drink or take".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

That would make them even more extremely stupid :) 

Especially the top athletes should pay attention and, as many top athletes say, "I read the ingredients of every single thing I eat, drink or take".

I don't think they're stupid or anything, they're just not taught to do that kinda things themselves, they've simply got no time for doing such things.

24 minutes ago, Майкл said:

I don't think they're stupid or anything, they're just not taught to do that kinda things themselves, they've simply got no time for doing such things.

If most top athletes apparently check literally everything they take, then why is this group of (mostly) Russian athletes apparently too busy to take 5 minutes to check some ingredient on Google? 

It's not like you need 2 hours per day to do that. Any athlete who has time to post a photo on social media for example has time to open Google and enter some medicine they take there. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

ban for life for everybody and elimination of all result in past for them (giving back also prize money).....the only way to see clean sport.

and not at the second time,but at the first

Edited by stamura84

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And they are stupid too. Nothing will save them if even American manufacturers lie (there's a proven case here) & "forget" to include prohibited ingredients on the pack.

Edited by Xander

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I think it's more likely that he (and the others) are lying and that they took it after 1 January..

I mean, there are also studies showing that meldonium is only detectable for a few days, certainly not for 2 months, so it's hard to believe these excuses :( 

Actually most of them don't lie.

The info list in the pack says it eliminates from the body in a day or 2 (which is true if you take it for the 1st time).

According to French study if you take it for years it can stay in your body up to 4 months. It's not mentioned on the pack and our biathlon federation obtained those studyings AFTER Abramova case by contacting those scientists.

I googled meldonium in September but the longest term I could find was 10-14 days.

Edited by Xander

15 minutes ago, stamura84 said:

ban for life for everybody and elimination of all result in past for them (giving back also prize money).....the only way to see clean sport.

and not at the second time,but at the first

There is not and will not be such a thing as the clean sport. Ever. Deal with it.

Edited by Майкл

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If most top athletes apparently check literally everything they take, then why is this group of (mostly) Russian athletes apparently too busy to take 5 minutes to check some ingredient on Google? 

It's not like you need 2 hours per day to do that. Any athlete who has time to post a photo on social media for example has time to open Google and enter some medicine they take there. 

They don't care or they didn't want to care. We do not know that just yet.

I agree with you. But the truth is, many of them simply don't care, which is bad as it gets, but that's the reality. In their heads that's 'just a pill', they can't be bothered to check which one is it.

What's more suspicious - these meds exist for 4 (!) decades but they were included to the prohibited list only now.

7 months before the Olympics :mumble: After certain lobbyist studying that it's popular among their competitors E. Europeans.