Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
dcro

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Daily Reviews

Quasit    153

Extremely worrying for my favourites Norway, Canada and France, although Norway doing well if we consider the North American medal ranking...

cypher    2
il y a 5 minutes, Quasit a déclaré:

Extremely worrying for my favourites Norway, Canada and France, although Norway doing well if we consider the North American medal ranking...

Ok no surpises and a deception.

But we're actually on the tracks. Just lost a silver(according to prédictions) but that can be catch in other sports like ski/snowboard cross where we are not favourites

• Like 1

Federer91    224

Today was a very good day, with two dominators like Fourcade and Loch, not only not winning Gold, but no medal at all. :cheer: Plus all finals were interesting and there wasn't a dull event for me. :)

• Like 1

heywoodu    2,985
Just now, Federer91 said:

Today was a very good day, with two dominators like Fourcade and Loch, not only not winning Gold, but no medal at all. :cheer: Plus all finals were interesting and there wasn't a dull event for me. :)

Agreed! Plus I'm happy I didn't sleep through the men's downhill again like in 2014!

cypher    2
il y a 5 minutes, Federer91 a déclaré:

He's used to underperformed at sprints (martin) at big events

But for next I think he will take 2 golds or even more (unless flagbearer maledction strikes)

Edited by cypher

SalamAkhi    15
il y a 42 minutes, Quasit a déclaré:

Not very worrying for France ... the tally expected today was 2 medals, we have 1 :d

Unless you predicted other medals on saturday and sunday than Fourcade and Laffont

De_Gambassi    262
il y a 6 minutes, SalamAkhi a déclaré:

Not very worrying for France ... the tally expected today was 2 medals, we have 1 :d

Unless you predicted other medals on saturday and sunday than Fourcade and Laffont

Between every outsiders (~6 biathletes), Fauconnet, and Manificat  Most of them had only relative small chances, but three medals by today could have been on the cards.

• Like 1

phelps    447

another day that could have been more enjoyable...

no alpine skiing men's downhill...and this was the first disappointing fact of the day...

then it came the slopestyle final...and frankly I expected a bit more from it...there were too few great runs to match my (high) expectations...

speedskating...Kramer's gold was never in doubt...so, the most exciting moments came from Bloemen vs Pedersen fight for the other medals...

and also Peter Michael did show some exciting last laps, raising the atmosphere...unfortunately, he missed out on the medals for a relatively small margin...

from an Italian perspective, the race was just a disaster...only Tumulero had a decent performance, but still he didn't get even close to the podium places...

having said of the painful (but exciting) end of the luge event, at least I can be happy for Dominik Windisch and our Biathlon movement...

he finally got a quite unexpected bronze medal, that has almost the flavour of gold...well done, man...

and this is the highlight of my day #2, of course...

no joy came from on the men's CC skiing either...it wasn't such an entertaining race as the women's...moreover, watching a Norwegian sweep was quite depressing..and thinking of Sundby making the podium was even worse (at least he didn't win the Gold medal)...

I haven't seen the women's Moguls final, yet...

but probably I'm gonna watch it later today...so...no comment for now...

that's it for day #2...and to be honest, I don't expect tomorrow to be more exciting than today or yesterday...

the scheduling is so bad that I just can't feel that Olympic emotion flowing constantly through the whole day...

every day so far looks just a normal winter day with some highlight at a certain hour of the day...and stop...

I've never felt so "down" during the Olympics since I have memory of the Games (once again, I'm referring to Sarajevo 1984, my first Olympics...when I was 10 years young...a long, long time ago)...:(:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

Bohemia    303

For France it was both a great (first medal, and it's a gold one. I wasn't able to watch the final live but when I did and saw Perrine crying it made me emotional too :')) and a disappointing day (biathlon of course. But I'm not worried, Fourcade was the fastest and with 3 misses he's still 8th and only 22 seconds behind. In Sochi he was 6th in the sprint and then won 2 gold medals and 1 silver medal so, again, I'm not really worried and waiting to see what's gonna happen tomorrow :))

Also 5th place for Manificat in cc skiing, good result! I hope we can have a medal in relay like last time.

• Like 1

dcro    2,476

Luge was definitely today's highlight. So happy for the athletes that won medals. Gleirscher winning was even more surprising than Achtereekte's gold. It was also tragic to see Loch's burst of emotions following the crash...

Other than that, it was so-so. Biathlon was pretty exciting. Speed skating however was less exciting than yesterday, as the winner couldn't have been more obvious. Slopestyle and moguls were alright. Cross-country was quite disappointing sadly.

On a plus side, Crnković achieved our best individual men's cross-country result since 1994.

Gutted for Australia and New Zealand's near misses, but by the same token happy for Kazakhstan.

8/10

ChandlerMne    81

Day 2 in my perspective:

1. Biathlon - very interesting with some surprising results. Peiffer was great.

2. Cross country - pitty for Cologna. I hoped he can repeat Tour de ski

3. Moguls - nice performance,i expected gold for Canada.

4. Slopestyle - overall it was bad. 1st run was extremelly weak. 

5. Speed skating - i didnt watch it live but obvious outcome. 

6. Luge - very sorry for Loch but at least i can say that i watched one of the most interesting races in past decade or so

SalamAkhi    15
Il y a 5 heures , De_Gambassi a déclaré:

Between every outsiders (~6 biathletes), Fauconnet, and Manificat  Most of them had only relative small chances, but three medals by today could have been on the cards.

Yes, but then we would be ahead of the par, now we're just below