Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Felipe

Brazil National Thread

heywoodu    1,037

Hello Brazilian friends :d 

I just saw this post by CBDN:

That dude's 15 years old and already finished in the middle of a World Cup stage (not far behind or something, but in the middle)...seriously, that kid's got talent! 

vinipereira    127

Nominations for Prêmio Brasil Olímpico:

Best Female Athlete:

Martine Grael/Kahena Kunze (Sailing)

Poliana Okimoto (Open Water Swimming)

Rafaela Silva (Judo)

Best Male Athlete:

Isaquias Queiroz (Sprint Canoeing)

Serginho (Volleyball)

Thiago Braz (Athletics)

Grael/Kunze (2014), Okimoto (2013) and Queiroz (2015) have all won Best Athlete before. Silva was nominated before and I believe these are the first ever nominations for Serginho and Braz. They also pick the best athlete for each sport - the complete list is here.

vinipereira    127

Some events are being proposed for Brazil in the next few years following the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics. They are:

Women's Football Under 20 World Cup 2020 (Brazil)
Summer Deaflympics 2021 (Rio)
South American Games 2022 (Rio)
Summer Universiade 2023 (Rio)
Women's Football World Cup 2023 (Brazil)

I don't think Brazil will actually bid for most of them, but one day it would be nice to have a Women's World Cup here.

heywoodu    1,037

Does any of you happen to be somewhat familiar with the Jogos Regionais? So far I've managed to find out they are held in 8 regions in SP, 4 of which finished earlier this month and the other 4 are happening at this moment. The one I'm interested in is the edition in Lençois Paulista, which seems to be the only one without a Facebook page, so if someone could help me out I'd be grateful :p (and if not, no problem, then I'll just wait a little longer until my friend tells me her results)

I'm mostly interested in today's and tomorrow's cycling races, seeing as Brazil's winter Olympic hopeful will participate in those. Or well, she said she'll go to Lençois today to participate in two cycling races, which I am guessing are in the Jogos Regionais :d 

Edited by heywoodu

hoversaBR    16
11 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Talvez um bom momento para ressuscitar esse tópico uma vez que isso aconteceu hoje? :d

Gold.png

Foi incrível :p, principalmente por ser dois títulos inesperados. Já dá até uma animação para esse novo ciclo olímpico, pois eu estava duvidoso com as renovações do vôlei.

hoversaBR    16

Triste a situação do Basquete brasileiro!! Nossa seleção feminina acabou de perder de 67-60 para a fraca Ilhas Virgens, não que eu esteja surpreso, mas ainda... E pensar que há não muito tempo atrás, eramos um dos melhores times do mundo. :cry::cry:

heywoodu    1,037

Very talented guy for the Winter Paralympics (I'd say the biggest talent Brazil has ever seen in para-XC skiing) and now he even already got silver (and 4th) in the junior para-athletics world championships :)

• Like 1

heywoodu    1,037

Dude's on fire, Michel Macedo has the 'Brazilian FIS points record' in 4 of the 5 alpine skiing disciplines now, this time breaking records from 2008 and 2006! :)

http://www.cbdn.org.br/cbdn2/colecionador-de-recordes-michel-macedo-quebra-duas-novas-marcas-brasileiras-no-ski-alpino/

He seems to be the main contender for Brazil's Olympic ticket more and more, surpassing Guillerme Grahn thumbsup.gif

Edited by heywoodu

7 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Dude's on fire, Michel Macedo has the 'Brazilian FIS points record' in 4 of the 5 alpine skiing disciplines now, this time breaking records from 2008 and 2006! :)

http://www.cbdn.org.br/cbdn2/colecionador-de-recordes-michel-macedo-quebra-duas-novas-marcas-brasileiras-no-ski-alpino/

He seems to be the main contender for Brazil's Olympic ticket more and more, surpassing Guillerme Grahn thumbsup.gif

Nice. Winter sports athletes are virtually unknown here, unfortunately. 

Edited by thiago_simoes