Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

258 posts in this topic

Laura :hearts:

Amazing final lap, absolutely epic :bowdown:

Ugggg, Fourcade spoiling the party once again... I just can't anymore. It would have been perfection for one more magical moment from King Ole, like in Sochi. Keeping hope alive for the next starts. Vlado Iliev with a perfect shooting could have battled for a medal, which would have been outstanding for us. Nevertheless amazing performance by him for a top 10 finish. 

As for the women, i'm so happy that Eckhoff made a perfect race, finally! :clap: She has so much potential, and all the problems she had prior with the shooting was so underwhelming. Let's hope this will unleash her and she will have more consistent results. The womens race was so stong today. I surely thought Wierer would get a medal with that machine-gun shooting, but many people skiing faster and faster as time went. Tomorrows  pursuit will be so competitive.

bad form for ours.

but big applause to second king in norway,ole

Well, I am very excited :clap:Although I'm very late to the party, since I finished watching both sprints 30 minutes ago, I am very impressed with Tiril Eckhoff, I wrote her off, because I didn't believe she would cope with the standing. An amazing last lap from Dahlmeier, a great race by Dorin-Habert. Kaisa Makarainen a bit misfortunate with early bib number, Hildebrand probably as well, slightly surprised to see how Wierer faded in the last lap, but overall, this is the most exciting women's tour in years.

On a side note, a brilliant start for Lithuanian biathlete Tomas Kaukėnas, whom scored the best Lithuanian WCH performance for men since the 1993 19th place by Jasinskas. That leaves me very excited for both pursuit races :p

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Ugggg, Fourcade spoiling the party once again... I just can't anymore. It would have been perfection for one more magical moment from King Ole, like in Sochi. Keeping hope alive for the next starts. Vlado Iliev with a perfect shooting could have battled for a medal, which would have been outstanding for us. Nevertheless amazing performance by him for a top 10 finish. 

As for the women, i'm so happy that Eckhoff made a perfect race, finally! :clap: She has so much potential, and all the problems she had prior with the shooting was so underwhelming. Let's hope this will unleash her and she will have more consistent results. The womens race was so stong today. I surely thought Wierer would get a medal with that machine-gun shooting, but many people skiing faster and faster as time went. Tomorrows  pursuit will be so competitive.

To be honest, she consistently gathered 4th places this season :p Really impressed with how she managed to shoot clean during the most stressful race of her life.

Men's tour as underwhelming as always :sleep: Good on Svendsen for managing to outsprint Johannes Boe. If he placed 4th today with Johannes destroying him on the last lap, I would sense a retirement incoming.

Great race for Fak by the way, at least there's that :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Great race for Fak by the way, at least there's that :p 

Still, it's quite underwhelming to know that the only gold medals that are open for men is the Individual race and Relay (for Norway, Germany or Russia)

Just now, Werloc said:

Still, it's quite underwhelming to know that the only gold medals that are open for men is the Individual race and Relay (for Norway, Germany or Russia)

There are 3 events left and all three gold medals can of course be won by non-French :p 

Though unfortunately France will again be one of the favorites in the men's relay..

Just now, heywoodu said:

There are 3 events left and all three gold medals can of course be won by non-French :p 

Though unfortunately France will again be one of the favorites in the men's relay..

Bjoerndalen, J.Boe, T.Boe, Svendsen. I'm not that certain that the French could keep up with the gold. They have all the best chances for silver and bronze, but I think Germany will not let Norway get away that easily. Russia is a slight question mark and perhaps a very huge underdog chance for Austria, but that's all on Julian's shooting.

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Bjoerndalen, J.Boe, T.Boe, Svendsen. I'm not that certain that the French could keep up with the gold. They have all the best chances for silver and bronze, but I think Germany will not let Norway get away that easily. Russia is a slight question mark and perhaps a very huge underdog chance for Austria, but that's all on Julian's shooting.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you :) 

I think Norway, Russia, Germany and France are the main contenders for the medals (somewhat in that order) and indeed Austria depends on Julian's shooting. Every other team in the top-5 is of course always possible, mistakes are made easily, but would be a surprise.