Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Swimming 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    909

James Magnussen isn't going to the world champs in July 2017 because he will focus on the Commonwealth Games in April 2018 :facepalm:

 

This is such an annoying thing in swimming, athletes/coaches acting like peaking twice in one calendar year is insanely impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    743
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

James Magnussen isn't going to the world champs in July 2017 because he will focus on the Commonwealth Games in April 2018 :facepalm:

 

This is such an annoying thing in swimming, athletes/coaches acting like peaking twice in one calendar year is insanely impossible. 

 

Have you tried peaking twice a year yourself? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    909
1 minute ago, dcro said:

 

Have you tried peaking twice a year yourself? :p

I haven't, but athletes in a lot of sports have and succesfully did so (like countries that have Olympic trials 2-3 months or less before the Olympics). If the Commonwealth Games were in September or October 2017, ok, I get it. But come on, get real. Not going to WCh in July 2017 because of an event in April 2018 is too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Federer91    175

Does he even have to peak for the CW Games. :d It's not like there is that much competition there. Also there are 8 months between those events... It's absurd to imagine that he can't be ready for both to swim a few lanes. For me it seems an excuse, when Chalmers whips his ass before the Worlds. :whistle:

Edited by Federer91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    909
11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Does he even have to peak for the CW Games. :d It's not like there is that much competition there. Also there are 8 months between those events... It's absurd to imagine that he can't be ready for both to swim a few lanes. For me it seems an excuse, when Chandler whips his ass before the Worlds. :whistle:

 

830678d89f347449e1e3b46df67f0ff5_not-sur

 

 

(I do agree about the rest of course, come on, 8 months to prepare isn't enough? I don't buy that) 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    743
50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I haven't, but athletes in a lot of sports have and succesfully did so (like countries that have Olympic trials 2-3 months or less before the Olympics). If the Commonwealth Games were in September or October 2017, ok, I get it. But come on, get real. Not going to WCh in July 2017 because of an event in April 2018 is too much. 

 

Maybe he wants to have a life outside of swimming. :d

 

After all, that is only James Magnussen, not really the top swimmer at the moment. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    909
1 minute ago, dcro said:

 

Maybe he wants to have a life outside of swimming. :d

 

Then say that you want to have a life outside of swimming instead of coming up with bullshit excuses like this :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
intoronto    131

:CANCanada's swim team was announced for the 2017 World Championships

 

Arguably the best ever women's team . Multiple medals are expected. However the men's team is literally the weakest ever. Only 5 individual swims have qualified. The two strongest men are not competing Cochrane (retired) and Condorelli (unsure, but rumours are he is switching to compete for Italy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×