website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the 2020 Olympics? (2021 "A" version)

2 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Let's try this again:

Germany :GER 

Shooting (including Archery) : 1-4

Swimming, including Open Water: 1-3

Athletics: 2-7

Diving: 0-2

Team Sports (including Beach Volleyball): 1-5

Boxing, Judo, Taekwondo, Wrestling etc.: 2-7

Fencing: 0-1

Cyling (all disciplines): 2-7

Equestrian: 4-7

Tennis/Golf/Table Tennis: 0-5

Gymnastics: 0-1

Pentathlon/Triathlon: 0-3 

Canoe (Slalom and Sprint): 4-11

Rowing: 2-4

Rest: 0

Worst Case: 19

Best Case: 67

67+19 makes 86. 86/2 makes an average of 43 medals.

I think usually 40-45 medals is a good prediction for Germany, but with the new sports it should be a bit more.

Swimming: 3 medals isn’t the best case. 3 x Wellbrock + 2 x Köhler already gives you 5 medals and then you also have Beck (open water), Heintz (200 IM) and Muffels (open water).

Fighting sports: Germany might very well win no medals in those sports.

Fencing: Best case would be 2 medals in men’s Sabre.

Gymnastics: Best case would be 2 medals (Dauser and Seitz).

I think Germany could also win 1 or 2 medals in sailing.

You know who wears sunglasses inside?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People at Gracenote: "Hey, we don't have enough data about recent competitions for this event, what shall we do?" "Give one more medal to the Netherlands, nobody will notice it"

I like how, when adding everyone's predictions, you'd probably always end up with a hundred more total medals than are actually available in the Olympics     Also fun when someone calls athl

Looks like all these predictions we can find online are really stupid.   We have to do it by ourselves ;-)

6 hours ago, Tea said:

Respect Eleftherios!

I am looking forward to watch the rivalry between Petrounias and Colak..I think it will evoke us NAIM and VALERIOS.

Best wishes.

Thank you, hopefully Petrounias can qualify first. He just needs a high score at Doha World Cup, something similar to what he achieved at European Championships this year and he will be in. If he qualifies for Tokyo then I think he will definitely win a medal. He's in good shape now that he's fully recovered from injuries. 

Colak was good in 2019 and 2020 but didn't do well at this year's European Championships. Still I think he can win a medal in Tokyo too.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Fighting sports: Germany might very well win no medals in those sports. 

I guess it is possible. But Horne in Karate is a big medal contender, we won several medals at the last Wrestling World Championships and have chances at least in Judo and Taekwondo as well. I just don't think that out of all of these chances we won't win anything.