website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

hace 8 horas, Griff88 said:

:GEO Avtandil Tchrikishvili (Judo)

Source: http://www.ipress.ge/new/36808-rios-olimpiadis-gakhsnaze-saqartvelos-medroshe-avtandil-chrikishvili-iqneba

Updates

:ECU Lenin Preciado (Judo)

Source: http://www.andes.info.ec/es/noticias/judoca-lenin-preciado-sera-abanderado-delegacion-ecuatoriana-participara-olimpiadas-rio

(According to the article, Andres Chocho is getting ready for his final training phase in Brazil(?)) >> need Spanish-speaking members to confirm

What a frustrating ambiguous article. Yes, it says Chocho couldn't make it to the ceremony to recieve the flag and Preciado is flagbearer but says nothing about the actual opening ceremony.

hace 5 minutos, carivan said:

What a frustrating ambiguous article. Yes, it says Chocho couldn't make it to the ceremony to recieve the flag and Preciado is flagbearer but says nothing about the actual opening ceremony.

I was going to say the same lol

Though I think it sort of implies sth like "if you aren't for this ceremony then no thanks you won't be flagbearer". Also in the video Preciado seems happy as if he knows he is going to be in the ceremony too.

hace 2 minutos, LDOG said:

Though I think it sort of implies sth like "if you aren't for this ceremony then no thanks you won't be flagbearer". Also in the video Preciado seems happy as if he knows he is going to be in the ceremony too.

Yeah. It's very weird. It kinda makes you think something happened behind curtains, but I agree it likely means Preciado is the flagbearer. 

44 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

This one was expected, assuming the first week there will be only 2 swimmers in the team in Rio, and one of them is a girl, I was sure they will select Yusra.

8 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

:SRB Ivana Anđušić Maksimović (Shooting)

I´m a bit surprised by this choice. I thought she will compete in Air Rifle the first event of the games, or not ?...really a bit strange and unusual choice...

but she deserve to carry the flag ofc, no doubts about :)

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I´m a bit surprised by this choice. I thought she will compete in Air Rifle the first event of the games, or not ?...really a bit strange and unusual choice...

but she deserve to carry the flag ofc, no doubts about :)

she will.....NOC wanted someone who won medal at previous games imo and taekwondo is in 2nd week so Milica can't

more people dislike decision than like :d

10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

4 minutes ago, carivan said:

Yeah. It's very weird. It kinda makes you think something happened behind curtains, but I agree it likely means Preciado is the flagbearer. 

wait..it´s not official ?

and here is this article of their NOC saying something more ? http://www.coe.org.ec/index.php/noticias/183-noticias-coe/2023-abanderamiento-banco-del-pacifico-marco-la-despedida-de-la-delegacion-tricolor-a-los-juegos-olimpicos-rio-2016

thanks for the answer  :)