website statistics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
uk12points

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I've just discovered paralympic powerlifting and I'm in love with this sport. It's so exciting to watch! I never trusted weightlifting after so many doping scandals, so I could never get into it, but powerlifting is absolutely amazing! 

Yeah para-powerlifting is quite fun. I really find most of the Para-sports to be highly entertaining affairs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Have anyone a official statement for African Goalball Championship about the winners? 

I think both Algerian team have qualified for the Paralympic Games, but is it right? 

We are sad to report the passing of four-time Paralympic boccia champion Dirceu Pinto.
Dirceu won individual and pairs gold at both Beijing 2008 and London 2012, and achieved mixed pairs silver in front of a home crowd at Rio 2016.
Dirceu was 39. Our heartfelt condolences to Dirceu's friends, family and team mates.
#RIP campeão.

92226562_10157673509371281_3334640573146

• Sad 1

It’s been an unbelievably sad month for the Paralympics movement. 2020 really is the worst year :(

• Sad 1

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

former autosport driver and multiple paralympic champion Alex Zanardi earlier today suffered a terrible accident with his handbike (apparently, he crashed against a truck :yikes: :cry: :facepalm:) and now he's in grave life danger...

right now he's having a very complicated neurological operation after suffering a hard head trauma...

c'mon, man! if there's someone who can survive something like this, it's you! :fingers:

• Sad 3