website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

Here's a much more complete version of the Commonwealth Games Universal Event Time Calculator spreadsheet.

• Birmingham results website is still a bit buggy so I can't find see times for all the events - 110m hurdles has heats but no final, apparently
  • No detailed times for sports like judo & wrestling which are one bout just follows the next.   
  • Not much detail in the boxing, lawn bowls etc.   
  • Some events listed that might have been cancelled for want of entrants in paralympic sports especially. 

Birmingham time calculator.xls

25 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Had a chance to look at the entries of some events, and I noticed the women's 53 kg wrestling event has only 4 entrants, which means only 2 medals will be awarded (gold and silver).

do they have different set of rules in CWG ? because in normal UWW events they would award 3 medals in such a case (just one bronze)

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

do they have different set of rules in CWG ? because in normal UWW events they would award 3 medals in such a case (just one bronze)

Yea in the CWG minimum 5 entrants to award 3 medals. I'm sure it is 8 to award two bronze, which means some of the other women's categories and a couple in judo will award only one bronze.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

In general, this event would likely be axed at many multi-sports games. I know the Mediterranean Games, CAC Games, and Pan American Games require (or at least used to) a certain amount of entries (somewhere between 5-8 I think), barring exceptional circumstances like injuries, late withdraw, etc. I believe 4/5 NOCs must be included as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yea in the CWG minimum 5 entrants to award 3 medals. I'm sure it is 8 to award two bronze, which means some of the other women's categories and a couple in judo will award only one bronze.

that's a UWW rule too. they award only 1 bronze for events with less than 8 competitors.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

In general, this event would likely be axed at many multi-sports games. I know the Mediterranean Games, CAC Games, and Pan American Games require (or at least used to) a certain amount of entries (somewhere between 5-8 I think), barring exceptional circumstances like injuries, late withdraw, etc. I believe 4/5 NOCs must be included as well.

It's weird because the CGF sent reminders to cgfs saying events had under subscribed entries and were at risk of being cut. My only guess is there was 5 entries and one withdrew.

On topic of events with low entries, I’m quite interested to find out what a nine person mountain bike cross country race looks like :d

I think there’s enough countries entered across both events to make it worthwhile to keep the discipline on the program for now though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, Rhys Mcclenaghan is doing his thing from inside the village once again (like in Tokyo).

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

On topic of events with low entries, I’m quite interested to find out what a nine person mountain bike cross country race looks like :d

I think there’s enough countries entered across both events to make it worthwhile to keep the discipline on the program for now though.

Canada didn't get enough quotas to enter.... I'd imagine that is the cause of smaller fields. Also there is a WC during the CWG's which gives points for the Olympic rankings if I am not mistaken