website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

4 horas atrás, kungshamra71 disse:

I'm not sure if what I'm gonna say is true, but as a TV espectator it sounded that a lot of brazilian where cheering for Portugal, was that right?

If yes, "Muito Obrigado"!! :p

Yes, most of people on Engenhão supported Portugal, not only by friendship Brazil-Portugal, but the old rivalry with Argentina too :d 

Parabéns pela vitória! :d congrats for the victory!

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Pifta:

It's been a long time since I was last here, but I usually post on Totallympics if I don't understand something on TV. Now the question is: There can be 3 overaged players at the male football tournament with 3 overage players. Where are the stars? The overage players are nameless nobodies. For example, I've never heard the German overaged players' names. The team would be much, much stronger if the overage players were Neuer, Thomas Müller and Özil. Neymar is the only overage player with a name I've heard of.

1) Olympic gold medal is pretty much meaningless in football, so why should players want to spend their holidays to win a meaningless tournament?

2) Clubs dont have to alllow their players to participate at the olympics, because it isnt an official FIFA tournament and of course they want that their players miss preparation for the new season or even get injured, so they normally wont allow their players to participate.

3) Players like Neuer, Müller or Özil already played at the european championships and its obvious that they dont want to play both tournaments + their clubs wouldnt allow it, because they would miss the whole preparation and would need holidays afterwards, so they would probably also miss the first few league matches.

4) You really never heard of Sven Bender or Lars Bender? They both played for the german national team multiple times and both play for pretty famous clubs.

5) German head coach wasnt "allowed" to nominate players who got transferred this summer (for example Timo Werner or Loris Karius), players who already played at the european championships (Tah, Sane, Weigl, Kimmich, Draxler), players who play the qualification for the Europa League/Champions League (Weiser or Dahoud for example) or more than 2 players from the same club (for that reason someone like Johannes Geis wasnt nominated). In addition to that there are also some injured players like Stendera or Rüdiger.

Unless the olympic games become on official FIFA tournament, the quality will never get much better. Even then it probably wouldnt change much, because european championships take place the same year and all the european players rate the european championships MUCH higher than the olympic games + their clubs wouldnt allow them to play both, so we will have to live with the fact that european top players will probably never play at the olympics.

I actually think that football should be out of the olympics, but as long as it is part of the olympics, i am very happy that countries like Mexico or Nigeria, that will never win a world cup, are able to at least win the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Wow, Fiji leads against Mexico on half time and folks on Totallympics are so  quiet? Strange ;) go boys :champion: fiji for olympic championship :d

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk