website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8ff5D7U.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Almost nobody agrees that college should be free. :p

image.png

The option I wanted wasn't available :d 

I don't think it should be free for the very wealthy, but I do think it should be free (or at the very least affordable) for people coming from low incomes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Below are 20 questions we found particularly interesting, mostly because they reveal big differences between the remaining major candidates.

On almost all the major questions, there is not much difference in the candidates. I think for a couple of questions, it is literally all the candidates agreeing to the same stand. 

Gabbard and Klobuchar are artificially low in this because their views are not known about 4 and 5 questions respectively.

Among the rest, there are 2 groups: Group of Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Steyer while rest all seem to be the centrists. 

Screenshot_20200208-113130_2.png

My top 5 (6).

Not a big fan of that quiz. They don't seem to have done much to fill in the gaps meaning that several candidates end up lower than they should and several questions aren't that great either.

Not surprisingly Sanders and Warren are very low (though above Gabbard)

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

On almost all the major questions, there is not much difference in the candidates. I think for a couple of questions, it is literally all the candidates agreeing to the same stand. 

Gabbard and Klobuchar are artificially low in this because their views are not known about 4 and 5 questions respectively.

Among the rest, there are 2 groups: Group of Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Steyer while rest all seem to be the centrists. 

Really? Buttigieg and Steyer are way above Sanders and Warren in my test ;)

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Really? Buttigieg and Steyer are way above Sanders and Warren in my test ;)

This banding was not done on any proper analysis but on the basis of the results posted here and 3-4 iterations that I did with some randomness to get a feel about the test. So, of course it has a mistake. Even I was not very keen on putting both of them with the extremes but somehow they always ended up with them in my iterations. I think Gabbard might also fall in that same band but gets excused because of too many question marks.