website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 hours ago, dcro said:

You have a problem with Slovenian women in the White House dude. :finger:

I have a problem with “moderates” *cough*conservatives*cough*

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have a problem with “moderates” *cough*conservatives*cough*

Ideology doesn't win elections anymore. Most Dems voters will vote for a guy they think has the biggest chance to beat Trump, not because of values they share with that guy.

Actually I stumbled upon someone talking about it on CNN. Media keep talking about this whole "progressive", "liberal", "moderate" crap yet it's not what most people actually think. Winning politics through ideology is so 19th century when ideology was required to battle the monarchy system. Basically all of the medieval monarchies have collapsed these days so people don't care about ideology anymore.

Btw, Buttigieg is leading the predominantly white farming state of Iowa. But he had a problem with the black & ethinic minority voters who don't care about him being a progressive gay. So, where does this progression end? You vote for skin color, sexual orientation or ideology values like sociallism? Turns out these white famers from Iowa let a gay man beat the sociallist old timer like Sanders. I dislike both sociallism and the LGBT propaganda but if I had to choose between Buttigieg or Sanders, I'd go with Buttigieg. Sociallism is the bigger evil by far.

I swear my town is full of idiots (both left and right). I just want to live somewhere normal.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Feel the Bern!!!!!!

Well. His RCP average is down by 2 percentage points since Iowa, sooo ;) 

But in reality Sanders is without much doubt the winner right now and if Biden doesn't manage to turn things around within the next few states (and it doesn't look like it) a highly likely total winner as well. Buttigieg has the win in NH within reach as well, but that's pretty close to his only 2 really strong states (though the IOWA effect does seem to push him a bit upwards in several polls).

FiveThirtyEight has Sanders close to 50 % chance of winning. Second is interestingly enough a brokered convention while Biden has dropped to 3rd. The rest are still very low.

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Let's don't forget Bloomberg is stacking up cash to make his big entrance! It would be hilarious if all these candidates bleed out after months of campaigns and Bloomberg sweeps them in March :lol:

Not really stacking up. He is spending big money on ads in Super Tuesday states. ;) 

But I strongly doubt that it will be the money stopping the top candidates here.

But I do think that candidates are looking at Bloomberg. He is moving up in national polling having surpassed Buttigieg in most polls and Warren in a few as well. If Biden collapses, it's not impossible that he will be dangerous.

Most bookies even has him at second only after Bernie..