website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Some people created a kingdom inside Indonesia called 'Keraton Agung Sejagat' (The Great Universe Palace) and claimed to be the successor state of Majapahit. Their aim is to claim the whole planet (with 450 followers) :lol:

After the Sejagat 'king' and 'queen' imprisoned, another guy proclaimed Sunda Empire and said that UN HQ is actually leased from his kingdom (they tried to vandalize Wikipedia pages about UN). :lol:

After the second 'country' dissolved and the guy arrested, yesterday we have another one called 'Negara Rakyat Nusantara' (People's State of Nusantara) which tried to dissolve Indonesia and already have a flag:

image.png

He got arrested in less than 24 hours.

Like seriously, people are trying everything to get famous :facepalm:

42 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Some people created a kingdom inside Indonesia called 'Keraton Agung Sejagat' (The Great Universe Palace) and claimed to be the successor state of Majapahit. Their aim is to claim the whole planet (with 450 followers) :lol:

After the Sejagat 'king' and 'queen' imprisoned, another guy proclaimed Sunda Empire and said that UN HQ is actually leased from his kingdom (they tried to vandalize Wikipedia pages about UN). :lol:

After the second 'country' dissolved and the guy arrested, yesterday we have another one called 'Negara Rakyat Nusantara' (People's State of Nusantara) which tried to dissolve Indonesia and already have a flag:

image.png

He got arrested in less than 24 hours.

Like seriously, people are trying everything to get famous :facepalm:

Indonesia saw Brexit, and said: “Hold our non-alcoholic beverages” :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Weapons that sort of look like AK74's, that's promising.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Iowa decides the fate of the Democratic Primary today :p. The next few states will mater too, but after the first few, it’s done. Have to love highly flawed American democracy :yes

I have no fucking clue who to support at this point. This long primary has divided the party much more than expected. I really do fear Trump could capitalize. 30-35% of Biden supporters will not support a Bernie candidacy, 35-45% of Bernie supporters will not support a non-Bernie candidacy (just like in 2016), Yang’s supporters are largely ride or die (up to 60% saying they won’t support another democratic candidate) which wouldn’t be an issue expect that he does have a 3-5% part of the party that could prove crucial to beating Trump, 15-20% of Buttigieg supporters will not another Democratic candidate. Warren supports seem more loyal to the party than anyone. Almost all say they will support any candidate. Bloomberg’s supporters are in the same realm as Buttigieg. 

It’s going to be a long road to November. The party will have to unite around a candidate with only 30-45% of us will like. There’s even talk that John Kerry could launch a late bid to challenge Biden and Sanders. We’re all playing into Trump’s hands.

The primary had become something we can’t talk about in my house. My father will support Biden. He blames the extreme right and left for the country’s issues. He says they’ve swayed the scale too much and we need a centrist to right it. He will not vote for Trump or Sanders. I will support Sanders. I believe Centrists have ruined the country with their inaction. I believe their flaccid support of Clinton is to blame for her loss. Centrists are supposed to stop people like Trump from being elected, but they couldn’t. They’ve lost the mantle of the party, it’s time for the far-left to take over. I will not vote for Trump or Biden. My mother will vote for Warren. She refuses to vote for another white male while she lives. She blames white male politicians for many of the problems the country faces. The sole qualification for vote is now being a female. She will vote for Trump if Warren loses (which is absolutely insane). Her logic is that she mind as well push the country to a Civil War if that’s what it will take to change society (I don’t agree at all). My grandmother will vote for Warren. She will only vote for a male candidate if she absolutely has too. She will support the democratic candidate no matter what because she’s a blind follower of the party. 

As I said, it’s going to be a long road to November. While my family’s voting pattern sounds ridiculous, I’ve heard from my friends that families are in similar situations. The impeachment process and primary have only furthered divides in the country, and I genuinely fear what comes after the election. Deep down I know we’ll all come out the other side, but I just have no clue what that other side will look like. I love politics, but I’m beginning to hate this election.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Iowa decides the fate of the Democratic Primary today :p. The next few states will mater too, but after the first few, it’s done. Have to love highly flawed American democracy :yes

I have no fucking clue who to support at this point. This long primary has divided the party much more than expected. I really do fear Trump could capitalize. 30-35% of Biden supporters will not support a Bernie candidacy, 35-45% of Bernie supporters will not support a non-Bernie candidacy (just like in 2016), Yang’s supporters are largely ride or die (up to 60% saying they won’t support another democratic candidate) which wouldn’t be an issue expect that he does have a 3-5% part of the party that could prove crucial to beating Trump, 15-20% of Buttigieg supporters will not another Democratic candidate. Warren supports seem more loyal to the party than anyone. Almost all say they will support any candidate. Bloomberg’s supporters are in the same realm as Buttigieg. 

It’s going to be a long road to November. The party will have to unite around a candidate with only 30-45% of us will like. There’s even talk that John Kerry could launch a late bid to challenge Biden and Sanders. We’re all playing into Trump’s hands.

The primary had become something we can’t talk about in my house. My father will support Biden. He blames the extreme right and left for the country’s issues. He says they’ve swayed the scale too much and we need a centrist to right it. He will not vote for Trump or Sanders. I will support Sanders. I believe Centrists have ruined the country with their inaction. I believe their flaccid support of Clinton is to blame for her loss. Centrists are supposed to stop people like Trump from being elected, but they couldn’t. They’ve lost the mantle of the party, it’s time for the far-left to take over. I will not vote for Trump or Biden. My mother will vote for Warren. She refuses to vote for another white male while she lives. She blames white male politicians for many of the problems the country faces. The sole qualification for vote is now being a female. She will vote for Trump if Warren loses (which is absolutely insane). Her logic is that she mind as well push the country to a Civil War if that’s what it will take to change society (I don’t agree at all). My grandmother will vote for Warren. She will only vote for a male candidate if she absolutely has too. She will support the democratic candidate no matter what because she’s a blind follower of the party. 

As I said, it’s going to be a long road to November. While my family’s voting pattern sounds ridiculous, I’ve heard from my friends that families are in similar situations. The impeachment process and primary have only furthered divides in the country, and I genuinely fear what comes after the election. Deep down I know we’ll all come out the other side, but I just have no clue what that other side will look like. I love politics, but I’m beginning to hate this election.

I love it :) we are having a watch party on Wednesday for the no guilty verdict, wanna come? :D

21 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I love it :) we are having a watch party on Wednesday for the no guilty verdict, wanna come? :D

Nah, I prefer to watch our democracy unravel alone. Thanks for the invite though :p

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Don't know if I completely agree about that (except the highly flawed democracy part - Who the heck still think a caucus is a good idea?).

It doesn't seem impossible that it'll end up in a brokered convention (Fivethirtyeight has it as the 3rd most likely outcome). At least we could be seing an actual race at least going on until late april.

Iowa and NH has meant way too much to be fair in some primaries while in others not so much. It will be make or break for some candidates, but the field is still large and a lot can happen.