website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

US Senate votes 49-51 in favor of witnesses. No witnesses will be called in the trial.

Here’s how a democracy dies:

640C0837-097D-4673-9262-A21253CBA45D.jpeg

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I don't need to dream, he's about to be acquitted, you're not following?

The GOP said he committed the crime! Apparently, election interference isn’t a good enough crime for them though. It’s a dark day for democracy, and we’ll remember those who killed it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly i'm crying a bit, see a political dream gone under your eyes in devastante.

Now it's time to boost the European Unity, long life to the European Union.

Time has not been good to this one, but it’s still my favorite anti-Brexit anthem:

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

The GOP said he committed the crime! Apparently, election interference isn’t a good enough crime for them though. It’s a dark day for democracy, and we’ll remember those who killed it.

Yup TDS, man thats a bad case, you should speak to someone. So it didnt kill a democracy when the house didnt allow lawyers to cross examine witnesses, but it is killing it now. Sure!

If you were actually watching, then it was clear that even if that was true, then it's not impeachable. You really should've not turned on only when schiff and the deplorables spoke, you might've learned something (also probably you should turn off cnn, it's not good for your health)

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

USA has no official language, and you don’t really have to know the language to become a citizen. LA county offers ballots in 18 languages.

Interesting. I'm quite glad we have a pretty basic test (like basic knowledge about the country, a language test and so on) before being able to become a citizen, but I guess it's different everywhere.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Interesting. I'm quite glad we have a pretty basic test (like basic knowledge about the country, a language test and so on) before being able to become a citizen, but I guess it's different everywhere.

We have a 100 question basic knowledge test that only 50% of Americans can pass :p I believe it’s only offered in English, so you have a know the language enough to answer the questions.

If I could rewrite the motto of the US: Ignorance, Popularity, Waste (those are our greatest values)

America is (or at least is supposed to be) a land of immigrants. Ever since the 1920s we’ve lost our way. 

Edited by Olympian1010

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Here’s the LA County “I voted” sticker (sorry for the poor quality)

A7CCF81D-6148-444E-81E0-A8F74B087848.jpeg

All those things below “I Voted” is that phrase in the different languages.