website statistics

Athletics EAA Indoor European Championships 2017

Jur

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those european championships are a complete catastrophe. Hopefully we wont have any major competition in Belgrade in the future. At least 1 false start in every sprint event and no one ever gets disqualified, its an absolute pain to watch this. In addition to this EAA should either stop having indoor championships at all or they should find a way that all (or at least most of the) top athletes compete.

Womens 60 m: The 2 best german girls, the best british girl and Schippers didnt even compete

Womens 400 m: No Grenot, Zemlyak, Diamond, Ohuruogu*

Womens 800 m: No Jozwik, Sharp, Arzamasova, Lamotte

Womens 1500 m: No Hassan

Womens high jump: No Vlasic

Womens long jump: No Mihambo, Moguenara, Proctor

Womens triple jump: No Rypakova, Knyazyeva-Minenko

Womens pole vault: No Kyriakopoulou, Büchler*

Womens pentathlon: No Johnson-Thompson, Schäfer, Ikauniece, Vetter

Mens 60 m: No Vicaut, Lemaitre, Martina*, Ujah, Gemili

Mens 400 m: No brits, no Borlee brothers

Mens 800 m: No Bosse

Mens high jump: No ukrainian guys, no italian guys, no Onnen

Mens pole vault: No Lavillenie

Mens long jump: No Rutherford*

Mens heptathlon: None of the best german guys

* Dont know if those athletes already retired

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Those european championships are a complete catastrophe. Hopefully we wont have any major competition in Belgrade in the future. At least 1 false start in every spring event and no one ever gets disqualified, its an absolute pain to watch this. In addition to this EAA should either stop having indoor championships at all or they should find a way that all (or at least most of the) top athletes compete.

Mens high jump: No ukrainian guys, no italian guys, no Onnen

What stupid comment... the problem isn't Belgrade but the big problem is that the post-olympic indoor season is awful.

For the men's high jump we compete whit Chesani (italian indoor championship) and Tamberi is injured and Fassinotti doesn't compete in this indoor season.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah the difference is that you think that this comment is stupid because you are obviously not able to read, while all your comments are in fact stupid and sound like comments made by a 5 year old who didnt take his ADHD meds.

Cool. :coffee: I know  that I haven't insulted you, btw it's internet and everyone does what they want. In the meantime you did not give me any answer to my statement. It's a very constructive comment, really

Edited by Gianlu33

38 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

why it `s  hard for me to get into INDOOR ECH in post-olympic season...hmmm....this is a C event but nice to see some Polish medals and some great overall results

Because of all major events, European indoor championships is the smallest and least important major event :p 

Indoor is always sort of the 'little brother' of outdoor athletics :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!