website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, Dutch media is apparently already 100% sure that the ban for these three nations will start before the Olympics, meaning they'd miss the Olympics entirely. Any other media in other nations reporting the same? Because as far as I know, IWF hasn't confirmed at all when the bans would start. Though it makes sense if it happens before the Olympics, because I'm guessing they'd start as soon as all the cases are confirmed by the IOC. 

seriously suspension after Rio means nothing. they blew up result in the Olympic and threaten existence of weightlifting in the Olympic. need a proper sanctions and suspension.

i wonder to know how could possibly they ban them only for one year?

Edited by amiry2j

Il y a 13 heures , dcro a déclaré:

May the reallocations start! 13 quotas up for grabs.

http://www.ffhaltero.fr/Halterophilie/Actualites/La-France-decroche-un-quatrieme-quota-masculin-pour-les-Jeux-olympiques-de-Rio

French federation annouced they received an extra male quota (and that they asking for an extra female quota).

Interesting enough, it doesn't seem to be related to the possible ban of the russian/kazach/belarussian federations.

8 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

http://www.ffhaltero.fr/Halterophilie/Actualites/La-France-decroche-un-quatrieme-quota-masculin-pour-les-Jeux-olympiques-de-Rio

French federation annouced they received an extra male quota (and that they asking for an extra female quota).

Interesting enough, it doesn't seem to be related to the possible ban of the russian/kazach/belarussian federations.

Well, yes. They disqualified positive lifters from 2015 Worlds and removed their points. France obviously overtook Azerbaijan in men's. As for women's, you'll get extra quota only if disqualification of positive lifters moves you up.

In other words, withdrawn quotas are not reallocated to qualified nations.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

il y a 2 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

Well, yes. They disqualified positive lifters from 2015 Worlds and removed their points. France obviously overtook Azerbaijan in men's. As for women's, you'll get extra quota only if disqualification of positive lifters moves you up.

Oh well, I forgot about the recalculation points thing.

The ride never ends, does it ? Thank you IWF to provide such exictement.

17 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Oh well, I forgot about the recalculation points thing.

The ride never ends, does it ? Thank you IWF to provide such exictement.

Say what you want, but at least IWF seems to be actually fighting this crap. I mean, taking all these quotas away, even banning entire nations...that's some serious shit they're throwing down :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Juste maintenant , heywoodu a déclaré:

Say what you want, but at least IWF seems to be actually fighting this crap. I mean, taking all these quotas away, even banning entire nations...that's some serious shit they're throwing down :d 

Yes, you're right. I'm a bit cynical about all this. But, indeed, IWF is at least trying (probably more than anyone else) The whole process is still a bit messy though.

13 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yes, you're right. I'm a bit cynical about all this. But, indeed, IWF is at least trying (probably more than anyone else) The whole process is still a bit messy though.

That's mostly because the qualifying procedure is quite complicated with all the rankings and point calculations of all different championships and so on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

What happened to the eleven unused quota places that have been removed by IWF? Kindly explain the re-allocation procedure.

There are 13 quotas, not 11. And nobody knows for sure. They should go to the unqualified nations, but it's very much up to IWF and how are they going to interpret the qualification system.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

There are 13 quotas, not 11. And nobody knows for sure. They should go to the unqualified nations, but it's very much up to IWF and how are they going to interpret the qualification system.

the number will be less if they disqualify RUS/BLR/KAZ completely

even though on other hand I think we will have unused quota for individual ranking qualifiers as well