website statistics

Taekwondo 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Why? I know it's supposed to go to countries with few sports, but can't WTF just decide whatever they want?

These quotas are allocated by tripartite commission and they can only give it to eligible (small) nations. If none of the small nations apply for that tripartite commission quota (what is almost impossible scenario) then that quota will go to the highest ranked unqualified athlete from that category.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

These quotas are allocated by tripartite commission and they can only give it to eligible (small) nations. If none of the small nations apply for that tripartite commission quota (what is almost impossible scenario) then that quota will go to the highest ranked unqualified athlete from that category.

Yes, of course if these quota fall in the hands of tripartite there is no chance since it escapes WTF, but.. I don't know :mumble:WTF could politely tell the eligible athletes from small nations to not apply, but even then the top ranked unqualified from an eligible nation is Maizeroi, so... yeah, it's impossible unless WTF makes a bullshit excuse and it would involve an insane lobby which I don't think we have.