website statistics

Karate 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

however she wasn't the only Slovakian to do well today...

also the other 2 girls had a very respectable tournament (especially Dorota Balciarova in Kata, who ended up in 7th place, losing - to the home girl - just the last bout before getting a chance to fight for bronze on Saturday)...

awesome :clap: really happy to hear it :)

Where can I actually find some decent results? That sportsdata website is like a maze to simply find an answer to: "Which matches were yesterday and who won them?" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Where can I actually find some decent results? That sportsdata website is like a maze to simply find an answer to: "Which matches were yesterday and who won them?" :p 

I got used to it, their maze is ugly but not that hard to understand

we had the whole competition (except the finals) in 7 events yesterday. 7 more events for today. team kumite events for tomorrow. while all finals will be on Saturday and Sunday.

maybe this link helps a bit to understand their stupid program

https://www.sportdata.org/wkf/dtm_timetables/74.html

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I got used to it, their maze is ugly but not that hard to understand

we had the whole competition (except the finals) in 7 events yesterday. 7 more events for today. team kumite events for tomorrow. while all finals will be on Saturday and Sunday.

maybe this link helps a bit to understand their stupid program

https://www.sportdata.org/wkf/dtm_timetables/74.html

I looked at that timetable, but got lost in the way they set it up. Knowing that all finals will be held Saturday and Sunday helps a lot though, I was looking for missing finals :p 

So after today, we know all finalists in all individual kumité events?

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

I looked at that timetable, but got lost in the way they set it up. Knowing that all finals will be held Saturday and Sunday helps a lot though, I was looking for missing finals :p 

I actually use this timetable for the elimination phases
https://karate2016.at/data/DTM_event_schedule_74.pdf

or this one for the full competition schedule
https://karate2016.at/program/Schedule_Karate World Championships_Eliminations_Finals_Colour.pdf

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

yes and both team kata events.

they divided the competition for each event into 4 blocks (4 pools) each pool will be held in one Tatami until knowing the pool winner. for example right now we have 3 pools of women's 55kg (pool 2, 3 and 4) and 2 pools of men's 67kg (1 and 2) underway in 5 Tatamis.

Thanks to both of you!

so at the end of individual events. we will have two in the final and three fighting for the bronze, bad day for Iran but Mehdizadeh saved the day by making to the final. our men's team did very good here with 4 out of 5 in medal round. only Ahmadi lost in quarterfinal.

now Karate being an Olympics sport (at least for 2020) I just hpoe they organize this sport in Iran. I think only Judo is worse than Karate in term of organization in Iran. just to show about the mess they are in, when they won the team Kumite title two years ago, the coach just took the cup to his home ! :p

Where can I actually see results? Because it's not in the "Results" tab apparently.

a10772ce8c.png

33 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Where can I actually see results? Because it's not in the "Results" tab apparently.

a10772ce8c.png

https://www.sportdata.org/wkf/set-online/veranstaltung_info_main.php?active_menu=calendar&vernr=74&ver_info_action=catmitlist#a_eventheadend  

(this one is thanks to @MHSN, because I did the exact same question yesterday hehe :p)