website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Lol, the pool is already getting thrashed on Swimswam because of the slow times. It might be premature but if it continues likes this, the shallow pool will go down as one of the biggest mistakes of the Paris2024 organisation. People want to see fast times at the biggest sport event of the world. 

26 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Both brazilians into the final in 400m free. A medal in my 30 yo birthday would no be a bad idea. Its Hard but LETS GO BIG DOG (nickname of Guilherme Costa, our only real contender in swimming this year).

Happy birthday! :thumbup::toast:

Screw the fast times, i want to see close battles.

:AUS Australia could go for 3 Golds, or just the 1 tonight. Women's relay is certain, but the men's and the W 400 not so much. 

I will spread the love, 1 gold each for :AUS , :USA , :CAN and :BRA  

17 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Lol, the pool is already getting thrashed on Swimswam because of the slow times. It might be premature but if it continues likes this, the shallow pool will go down as one of the biggest mistakes of the Paris2024 organisation. People want to see fast times at the biggest sport event of the world. 

Athletes haven't just been training to win medals but to also break records. Some of them will never be in such great shape again so it's a missed opportunity.

In the men's sprints in particular the wavey pool is an advantage to the bigger guys.

For the longer term I think it's actually healthy for the sport that world records are hard to break. It's a shame of course that it's because of physical pool limitations, but I'm sure we'll still see close and exciting races. Everyone is in the same pool after all.

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

For the longer term I think it's actually healthy for the sport that world records are hard to break. It's a shame of course that it's because of physical pool limitations, but I'm sure we'll still see close and exciting races. Everyone is in the same pool after all.

Yep, constant world records are awful for the sport and it's believability. It's like there is no limit..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!