website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

the israeli team will probably not go in the end, as for the situation the turkish security agency and the israeli do not cooporate and the israeli security did not premit the team to fly, so no team for us here (also archery is in question) 

the israeli olympic commity is trying to talk with the UWW and the IOC to solve the situation or get a quatta as the athletes cant compete, but it will not happan 

1 hour ago, yaky22 said:

the israeli team will probably not go in the end, as for the situation the turkish security agency and the israeli do not cooporate and the israeli security did not premit the team to fly, so no team for us here (also archery is in question) 

the israeli olympic commity is trying to talk with the UWW and the IOC to solve the situation or get a quatta as the athletes cant compete, but it will not happan 

And last year UWW immediately moved tournament from Poland when russians were not able to compete there - "defending the rights of athletes". Now we see that they defend athletes from certain states only.

On 5/1/2024 at 9:55 PM, Federer91 said:

Absolute disaster if true.. Our 2 best GR wrestlers both missing the Olympics is just yet another nail for our current state.

Shows just how important it is to get the quota at the World Championships, so you can have a buffer for such unexpected problems.. 

Unfortunately it's true. Hristo Marinov,  who is a president of Bulgarian wrestling federation confirmed that Edi will miss the event. 

10 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

@MHSN    your analysis as usual awaited now that draws are out 

Yeah sure :d I know everybody can't wait to see that :lol:

I will do that today. it just takes time, I'm still "processing" the brackets for myself :d

OK let's start with Greco, keep in mind we usually see more surprises in this last chance tournament simply because the physical situation play a bigger role here. most of these guys already wrestled in the continental qualifiers , in this sport you can't reach your 100% twice in a month. Asian Wrestlers are more in disadvantage since the Asian QT was the last one.

60kg:

to me there are 6 favorite for 3 quotas and they are nicely spread in the balanced draw. Gharibyan has couple of obstacles on his way but I expect to see him in the SF against the winner of Tibilov/Lalaev. I would pick Tibilov but he was bad in Baku and other two guys didn't wrestle there which gave them a huge advantage

M. Mammadov is the clear favorite in the other part. but his 2nd and 3rd round matches can be very hard. GEO is entering a different Abuladze. Arnaut (ROU) is a good chance to make it to SF, giving himself 2 chances to qualify. I say :ARM:AZE:RUS

67kg:
Vancza can be very happy with the draw, he couldn't hand pick the draw better than this. M. El-Sayed is the biggest name in this part, but he has to beat Amaev and then Etlinger/Petic in his first two matches, he was terrible in African qualifiers, I don't know if he can survive 2 back to back tough matches. I still pick him because he is simply better 

bottom half looks much harder, Visaitov/Zoidze in the first round, the winner most probably will go far to the SF. I don't know how Selcuk Can can handle cutting weight twice in a short period of time but he is my pick anyway. :EGY:TUR:RUS

77kg:
things look good for Gutu until the SF where he will get Levai, Levai was terrible at Euro Qualifiers, which means other guys like Mnatsakanian or the Ukrainian. slim chance for Liu too

in bottom half Viktor Nemes will get Kamanjasevic in the 2nd round, if he survives this, it will be Lomadze next. he can lose to any of these solid guys. in the 3rd Quarter, Kutuzov is a very late replacement for Russia, I know he is good but I won't be surprised if he loses to Kamal Bey in the first round. my picks :HUN:SRB:MDA

87kg:

we have two big names in the top half, Maskevich and Bisultanov, I don't think anybody else stands a chance but you never know in Greco. the winner of Huklek/Mukubu match in the first round can do something.

bottom half has more favorites but no clear fav. I rate Berdimuratov as the better wrestler there but he wasn't great in Asia and had less time to recover. his first round against GER can go wrong easily. I don't think he survives 4 tough matches. first round match between Gregorich/Gobadze is very important too. we also have Bradu and the Armenian, but I go with the grandpa Huseynov. so I say :DEN:AZE:BLR

97kg:
Arvi Savolainen should be happy with this draw, even though he can lose to the giant Kyrgyz in the 2nd round. he lost to Baldauf in Euro Q but I think that won't happen again, Baldauf has to beat Basar and then AZE/NED to even get to SF.

Artur Sargssian is a monster, he broke his hands last year in World Champs and didn't wrestle much after that, if he is ready he is my pick for sure specially because he has a favorable draw in first 3 rounds. two favorites Szoke and Nikoloz will face first and the winner will get Kajaia. Szoke lost to Nikoloz 1-1 in Euro QT but it's 50/50 between these guys. my picks :FIN:RUS:HUN

130kg:
top half is indeed harder with Kajaia, Kuosmanen, Vyshnyvetski, Shariati, Knystautas, Ovasaypan and couple more. it's really really hard to pick one between these guys. most of their matches will end up 1-1 (except the Ukrainian, he knows how to score big and how lose big points) so it's like a coin toss competition 

Alexuc has an easier road to the SF which gives him a huge advantage in the bottom half. in the last quarter we have Vitek, Marvik and Heiki boring Nabi. again most matches will finish 1-1. but i have to pick 3, so :FIN:ROU:GEO

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

OK let's start with Greco, keep in mind we usually see more surprises in this last chance tournament simply because the physical situation play a bigger role here. most of these guys already wrestled in the continental qualifiers , in this sport you can't reach your 100% twice in a month. Asian Wrestlers are more in disadvantage since the Asian QT was the last one.

60kg:

to me there are 6 favorite for 3 quotas and they are nicely spread in the balanced draw. Gharibyan has couple of obstacles on his way but I expect to see him in the SF against the winner of Tibilov/Lalaev. I would pick Tibilov but he was bad in Baku and other two guys didn't wrestle there which gave them a huge advantage

M. Mammadov is the clear favorite in the other part. but his 2nd and 3rd round matches can be very hard. GEO is entering a different Abuladze. Arnaut (ROU) is a good chance to make it to SF, giving himself 2 chances to qualify. I say :ARM:AZE:RUS

67kg:
Vancza can be very happy with the draw, he couldn't hand pick the draw better than this. M. El-Sayed is the biggest name in this part, but he has to beat Amaev and then Etlinger/Petic in his first two matches, he was terrible in African qualifiers, I don't know if he can survive 2 back to back tough matches. I still pick him because he is simply better 

bottom half looks much harder, Visaitov/Zoidze in the first round, the winner most probably will go far to the SF. I don't know how Selcuk Can can handle cutting weight twice in a short period of time but he is my pick anyway. :EGY:TUR:RUS

77kg:
things look good for Gutu until the SF where he will get Levai, Levai was terrible at Euro Qualifiers, which means other guys like Mnatsakanian or the Ukrainian. slim chance for Liu too

in bottom half Viktor Nemes will get Kamanjasevic in the 2nd round, if he survives this, it will be Lomadze next. he can lose to any of these solid guys. in the 3rd Quarter, Kutuzov is a very late replacement for Russia, I know he is good but I won't be surprised if he loses to Kamal Bey in the first round. my picks :HUN:SRB:MDA

87kg:

we have two big names in the top half, Maskevich and Bisultanov, I don't think anybody else stands a chance but you never know in Greco. the winner of Huklek/Mukubu match in the first round can do something.

bottom half has more favorites but no clear fav. I rate Berdimuratov as the better wrestler there but he wasn't great in Asia and had less time to recover. his first round against GER can go wrong easily. I don't think he survives 4 tough matches. first round match between Gregorich/Gobadze is very important too. we also have Bradu and the Armenian, but I go with the grandpa Huseynov. so I say :DEN:AZE:BLR

97kg:
Arvi Savolainen should be happy with this draw, even though he can lose to the giant Kyrgyz in the 2nd round. he lost to Baldauf in Euro Q but I think that won't happen again, Baldauf has to beat Basar and then AZE/NED to even get to SF.

Artur Sargssian is a monster, he broke his hands last year in World Champs and didn't wrestle much after that, if he is ready he is my pick for sure specially because he has a favorable draw in first 3 rounds. two favorites Szoke and Nikoloz will face first and the winner will get Kajaia. Szoke lost to Nikoloz 1-1 in Euro QT but it's 50/50 between these guys. my picks :FIN:RUS:HUN

130kg:
top half is indeed harder with Kajaia, Kuosmanen, Vyshnyvetski, Shariati, Knystautas, Ovasaypan and couple more. it's really really hard to pick one between these guys. most of their matches will end up 1-1 (except the Ukrainian, he knows how to score big and how lose big points) so it's like a coin toss competition 

Alexuc has an easier road to the SF which gives him a huge advantage in the bottom half. in the last quarter we have Vitek, Marvik and Heiki boring Nabi. again most matches will finish 1-1. but i have to pick 3, so :FIN:ROU:GEO

any chance for :FRA Leo Tudezca (TS 2) ?

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

any chance for :FRA Leo Tudezca (TS 2) ?

I don't think so, but he is in the easier half of the draw, still needs 1 or 2 very big wins, not impossible but I don't think so