website statistics

GB Athletics

Posted (edited)

I can only find it on Eurovision sport - I’m hopeful for GB across the relays - the mixed lineup 

young

pipi

dobson

lavaiai Nielson

Edited by RussB

well that was terrible. Brodie Young gave the team far too much to do. Pipi's leg did not look too good either. Massively disappointing

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

well that was terrible. Brodie Young gave the team far too much to do. Pipi's leg did not look too good either. Massively disappointing

Agree on Young - he was just too far back and it had a knock on effect for Pipi's leg. Dobson got them back in it and perhaps Nielsen made a tactical error when she caught up to the Belgian - I think if she had held on her shoulder a bit more, she may have had enough to get past her on the final straight.

Can't see how they stick with that lineup for tomorrow though. 

Just now, Rafa Maciel said:

Agree on Young - he was just too far back and it had a knock on effect for Pipi's leg. Dobson got them back in it and perhaps Nielsen made a tactical error when she caught up to the Belgian - I think if she had held on her shoulder a bit more, she may have had enough to get past her on the final straight.

Can't see how they stick with that lineup for tomorrow though. 

Honestly Nielsen made another big tactical error coming off the final bend, she went wide as if she was thinking she was going to have a go at Ireland, rather than keeping the Belgian boxed in on the curb. It might have made the difference with the metres saved and making her go the long way round

this would be far more fun if you could mix up the order of genders like you can in the mixed medley swimming relay

Posted (edited)

Women's 4x100m team seems to be missing our big guns of DAS and DN: Philip, Lansiquot, Williams, Hunt

Edited by RussB

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

Women's 4x100m team seems to be missing our big guns of DAS and DN: Philip, Lansiquot, Williams, Hunt

Neither Asher Smith or Neita were in the squad selected to go to Bahamas so this is probably their strongest team available. 

Just now, Rafa Maciel said:

Neither Asher Smith or Neita were in the squad selected to go to Bahamas so this is probably their strongest team available. 

Any ideas why? Given both are running very well at the moment, this would strike me as a "you have to turn up and compete meet"?