website statistics

GB Athletics

1 minute ago, RussB said:

Any ideas why? Given both are running very well at the moment, this would strike me as a "you have to turn up and compete meet"?

Pass - Neita was in Shanghai DL last weekend so wouldn't have been able to do the relay training camp in US. Asher-Smith's absence is surprising given she's moved to Texas so it wouldn't be a huge trip for her. 

10 hours ago, RussB said:

this would be far more fun if you could mix up the order of genders like you can in the mixed medley swimming relay

They did originally, but as I recall most teams pretty much spontaneously decided to use the current system.

1 hour ago, Cmon Mary said:

Could GB switch Hudson-Smith and/or Ohuruogu into the Mixed for the Repechage?

No - nations are only allowed to make 1 change to their line-up for the mixed. As it is, GB have decided to stick with the same squad as last night.

Not quite Rafa. Yeargin has come in for Pipi.

So the GB teams:

Mixed - Young, La Nielsen, Dobson, Yeargin

W 4x100 - Bell, Hunt, Williams, Sibbons

M 4x100 - Kilty, NMB, Efoloko, Hughes

W 4x400 - Ohuruogo, Li Nielsen, Newnham, Kelly

M 4x400 - MHS, AHW, Brier, Davey

Decent number of Brits announced for Friday's Diamond League meeting in Doha:

Lawrence Okoye goes in the discus. He was due to compete in the discus hotbed that is Ramona Oklahoma last month but was a DNS. His season's best is 64.47m 

Molly Caudery opens her outdoor season in the pole vault against a pretty strong field including Sandi Morris, Tine Sutej and Nina Kennedy. Caudery already has the OQS, so this is all about maintaining her early season firm.

Morgan Lake goes in the high jump. she had a great season last year and I'm hoping she can repeat that this year but the event is stacked with talent and it's going to come down to consistency if she wants to win a medal in Paris.

Alex Bell, Isabelle Boffey and Jemma Reekie all line up in the 800m. Mary Moraa and Natoya Goule-Toppin likely to be the main competition.

Georgia Bell, Melissa Courtney-Bryant and Reeve Walcott-Nolan will run 1500m 

Elliot Giles will compete in the 1500m. Getting on to the middle distance team for GB is going to be so tough and at some point this year, I think Giles is going to have to make a choice on whether he focusses on the 800m or the 1500m

Fresh off her success relay legs in the Bahamas, Amy Hunt will line up alongside Daryll Neita in the 100m.