website statistics

Women's Curling WCF World Championship 2024 Road to Milano-Cortina 2026

Josh

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I hope :TUR can sneak in

Same. Best case scenario for me in terms of the women’s curling Olympic field would be :ITA:CAN:SUI:SWE:KOR:JPN:USA:TUR:DEN and one of :GBR or :NOR

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

With this being the first of two Olympic qualifying events for Milano-Cortina 2026 (second one is next years World Championships in Uijeongbu) here’s the rundown of how many points each country has: 

Olympic Points for Men’s/Women’s World Championships: 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

1. :CAN Canada (15 points)

2. :SUI Switzerland (13 points)

3. :KOR South Korea (11 points)

4. :SWE Sweden (9 points)

5. :DEN Denmark (8 points)

6. :USA United States (7 points)

7. :GBR Great Britain (6 points)

8. :NOR Norway (5 points)

9. :TUR Turkey (4 points)

10. :JPN  Japan (3 points)

11. :EST Estonia (2 points)

12. :NZL New Zealand (1 point)

Is this confirmed as it doesn't tie in with my interpretation of the qualification document.

Although Italy is auto qualified as host, I think they still get awarded the qualifying points from the world champs. The qualification document says if Italy don't qualifying in the top eight of the discipline, then they qualify automatically through the allocation of host quotas and only the top 7 from the rankings would qualify - so to me, that implies that Italy should be counted in the ranking. 

Ignore me - see you haven't awarded the 10 points

Edited by Rafa Maciel

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Is this confirmed as it doesn't tie in with my interpretation of the qualification document.

Although Italy is auto qualified as host, I think they still get awarded the qualifying points from the world champs. The qualification document says if Italy don't qualifying in the top eight of the discipline, then they qualify automatically through the allocation of host quotas and only the top 7 from the rankings would qualify - so to me, that implies that Italy should be counted in the ranking. 

I believe you’re right actually. Might’ve changed since then, but according to prior editions the host-nation was included in the rankings. I’ll edit it. 

Just now, Josh said:

I believe you’re right actually. Might’ve changed since then, but according to prior editions the host-nation was included in the rankings. I’ll edit it. 

I think you've got the ranking points right it's just the placings that had me confused.