website statistics

Athletes who will miss Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

I still expect plenty of medals from the cycling team though, without Katie, less in the way of gold

Can the pursuit team win without her? Who are the favorites now?

I think that for the Madison GBR can find someone else, but for the pursuit is not the same...

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

""I tripped over a step in the garden and managed to, somehow, dislocate my ankle; break my tibia and fibula; and rip two ligaments off the bone. What the heck," said Archibald."

This is the most relatable an Olympian will ever be.

Hopefully she fully recovers quickly, but that sucks.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2525445-topturnster-thorsdottir-breekt-voet-mijn-olympische-droom-is-voorbij

Very sad news for Dutch gymnastics fan as Eythora Thorsdottir breaks her foot. She is an amazing person and her presence will be missed very much in the TeamNL camp in the Olympic village.

12 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

https://nos.nl/artikel/2525445-topturnster-thorsdottir-breekt-voet-mijn-olympische-droom-is-voorbij

Very sad news for Dutch gymnastics fan as Eythora Thorsdottir breaks her foot. She is an amazing person and her presence will be missed very much in the TeamNL camp in the Olympic village.

Ohh… say it ain’t true. One of my fav gymnasts…

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Notredame said:

Can the pursuit team win without her? Who are the favorites now?

I think that for the Madison GBR can find someone else, but for the pursuit is not the same...

Team NZ already had the edge over the Team GB twice in Nations cup back to back. They are inform team. 
Madison will see Botha and Wollaston rise to the occasion. Wollaston has had impressive year in tracks and roads but because she is solely focusing on Tracks for Paris she is likely to get podium in all 3 endurance race. She is fired up for Omnium

Edited by Nish

4 hours ago, Nish said:

Team NZ already had the edge over the Team GB twice in Nations cup back to back. They are inform team. 
Madison will see Botha and Wollaston rise to the occasion. Wollaston has had impressive year in tracks and roads but because she is solely focusing on Tracks for Paris she is likely to get podium in all 3 endurance race. She is fired up for Omnium

GB may miss out on gold in Women's Team Pursuit and might not even medal in Omnium but we're still the heavy favourites in the Madison as we'll have the world championship team of Evans and Baker going instead. 

3 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

More bad news for The Netherlands as reigning Olympic champion Niek Kimmann will miss Paris because of heart problems. The French BMX race sweep is getting close this way.

I've been following Kimmann's youtube vlogs since before Tokyo. This is so sad. He was in great form as well. Worst injury in the TeamNL squad so far:cry:

Either way, it's a good choice, his health goes above everything. I hope he's in good hands medically and wish him a good recovery.

6 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

More bad news for The Netherlands as reigning Olympic champion Niek Kimmann will miss Paris because of heart problems. The French BMX race sweep is getting close this way.

Two finals worth of non-French are going to have a say in that, but yeah... :( 

At least it's very good they discovered it now, instead of when it's too late. Don't mess with heart problems.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!