website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Shortboard Men's : :FRA :clap: & :PER Quota Olympic

Yup, Correa and one of Duru/Mignot will compete at the Olympics as they are guaranteed to finish no worse than 10th and 4 athletes guaranteed to finish in the top 10 are not eligible.

The remaining four quotas will be decided between :MEX:PUR:GER:CAN:ESP:INA:NZL:MAR. There's a decent chance it will be decided after repechage 8. If not then it will be decided after repechage 9.

Sky had just one outstanding whave in the whole competition. She was lucky she was in low scoring heats that made her advanced rounds. She had a great result with the level she showed here.

And for the :GBR guys, they where viable candidates to a quota at the same level as at least 40 guys surfing in Puerto Rico. I would never have given them big chances to be honest, there are stronger guys in :PUR:COL:PER:MEX:ESP:FRA:MAR:INA .....

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yup, Correa and one of Duru/Mignot will compete at the Olympics as they are guaranteed to finish no worse than 10th and 4 athletes guaranteed to finish in the top 10 are not eligible.

The remaining four quotas will be decided between :MEX:PUR:GER:CAN:ESP:INA:NZL:MAR. There's a decent chance it will be decided after repechage 8. If not then it will be decided after repechage 9.

and the team the French are still in the game? does a Brazilian spot have to be eliminated in the repechage?

30 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

I don't get why you think (as per usual it seems) we had little to no chance of winning a quota. Out of all the nations and athletes competing we had a decently strong team, with the likes of Barton and Norman being viable candidates for a quota during the build up. I'd even go as far as to say our top surfers had just as much of a chance as your surfers at winning a quota. Also, like I said earlier, I'm not slagging off Sky's performance for the entire competition as she did do really well, I'm more or less annoyed at how she performed in that heat as she didn't give herself near as many opportunities as she should of to challenge the top two. If she carries on in this vein, she'll be a favourite for a quota in LA from this event. 

It’s because there’s quite a few names I would put above them. 

Of course some of them did get eliminated before some of the GB surfers, but off the top of my head here’s who would be favoured over any of them. 

Men

:ARG Leandro Usuna

:INA Rio Waida

:MAR Ramzi Boukhiam

:MEX Sebastian Williams

:CHI Manuel Selman

:CAN Cody Young

:FRA Joan Duru

:PER Miguel Tudela

:POR Frederico Morais

:GER Leon Glatzer

:GER Dylan Groen

Women

:BRA Luana Silva

:CAN Erin Brooks

:CAN Mathea Olin

:POR Francisca Veselko

:POR Yolanda Seqeira

:ECU Dominica Barona

:PER Daniella Rosas

:PER Sol Aguirre

:GER Noah Klapp

:GER Rachel Presti

:GER Camila Kemp

:CRC Leilani McGonagle

:CHN Siqi Yang

:JPN Amuro Tsuzuki

:JPN Mahina Maeda

:NZL Paige Hareb

:ISR Anat Leilor

:ISR Noa Leilor

:ESP Nadia Erostarbe

:NCA Candelaria Resano

:BAR Chelsea Tuach

@Cinnamon Bun what do you mean “as per usual” the gap between :CAN and :GBR in women’s water polo is quite noticiable :)

The difference between Canada and Great Britain in women’s water polo is that Canada is capable of upsetting a medal contending team at the Olympics (ex. Greece, Hungary, and Italy. Don’t think Canada has a chance against Netherlands, Spain, and United States) and qualifying for the quarterfinals while for Great Britain it would about damage limitation (unless they face South Africa, which would be an easy win for them)

Great Britain are trending in the right direction though, that win against Israel at the European Championships was HUGE for them. Definitely wouldn’t have expected them to win it. 

Just now, Josh said:

@Cinnamon Bun what do you mean “as per usual” the gap between :CAN and :GBR in women’s water polo is quite noticiable :)

The difference between Canada and Great Britain in women’s water polo is that Canada is capable of upsetting a medal contending team at the Olympics (ex. Greece, Hungary, and Italy. Don’t think Canada has a chance against Netherlands, Spain, and United States) and qualifying for the quarterfinals while for Great Britain it would about damage limitation (unless they face South Africa, which would be an easy win for them)

Great Britain are trending in the right direction though, that win against Israel at the European Championships was HUGE for them. Definitely wouldn’t have expected them to win it. 

It just always seems that whenever I believe we have a decent shot at a quota you always think I'm being far fetched and that we have little to no chance of gaining. Yes I did misjudged the quality of the other countries in Water Polo, but I do believe in instances like this you've been a bit harsh about our chances (it's not just you though, there are a couple others who have harshly wrote us off in other events). 

It really is a shame that :BAR isn't eligible for universality quotas because they had a decent comp in both genders. Plus, Chelsea Tuach has done so well at the regional level recently.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela