website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

If anyone is interested MEXFEST '24 in Spotify includes the songs I considered at one point for this edition.

Would love to read some thoughts about it.

As a whole, I could see myself listening to this playlist while cruising down the coast. It has a great vibe. However, given the time of the year the vote takes place, and the ability of songs to stand out, I’m really sure what could and couldn’t get points from me.

My favorite is probably “Óyeme Bien” by La Garfield. “Fuego” by Zaret also stood out, but it might have gotten lost in the crowd during competition.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

As a whole, I could see myself listening to this playlist while cruising down the coast. It has a great vibe. However, given the time of the year the vote takes place, and the ability of songs to stand out, I’m really sure what could and couldn’t get points from me.

My favorite is probably “Óyeme Bien” by La Garfield. “Fuego” by Zaret also stood out, but it might have gotten lost in the crowd during competition.

Thanks for the comments.

It seems we agree on those two, I loved both, but they fell back in my list as time passed and my final pick grew bigger.

4 hours ago, Belle said:

@OlympicIRLis it fixed with the host for Open 2024? With my bad memory I can’t even remember who won Open 2024 sadly. 

:GBR won the contest last year. No official confirmation yet but I think @Cinnamon Bun originally showed interest in hosting so we’ll have to wait their final decision. There is no immediate need to confirm right now though :) 

1 hour ago, Erigert said:

So when is the next competition happening?

The annual edition (for songs 5 or more years old) will take place after the Olympics/Paralympics in the autumn.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's been more than a week, but here is my personal 12

12 -- :MLT

11 -- :ROU

10 -- :LTU

9 -- :FRA

8 -- :GUA (for the record @Fer GUA I found out about Gaby Moreno more than a decade ago so I just have to give points)

7 -- :GER

6 -- :CHI

5 -- :ESP

4 -- :POR

3 -- :IRL

2 -- :NED

1 -- :BUL

R1 -- :ARG

R2 -- :HUN 

I'm just happy that despite finishing 6th, Team USA 'won' the medal table, so thank you to everyone who gave points.

Edited by dezbee2008

Even though a bit late, congratulations to :ITA for another win.

I was so busy lately, so did not notice there are no translated lyrics for our song. So, sorry to all who were not able to understand what the song is about. It is called "Zavedno", or in English "Forever". It talks about singers rebellion, about how she lives her life as she wants. 

Interesting fact, @hckošiceis against hip hop songs, yet my song was from hip hop, so thank you @hckošicefor your biggest points contribution of them all. :d