website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Tunisia missed the rare opportunity to leave Canada behind in the participation ranking, both are on 18 but now both aren't there :p 

Excellent for Bulgaria, Croatia, New Zealand, Romania and the Netherlands, we double our advantage on them :d 

Do you maintain an all time participation list with results? Can you share please

10 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Do you maintain an all time participation list with results? Can you share please

Me? No way, one needs to be an absolute madman to maintain statistics like that :yikes: 

We have our celebrated God of TISC, @OlympicIRL, for that role :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 2/3/2024 at 9:32 AM, heywoodu said:

Assuming South Korea enters, how long ago would it be since we've had three (!) new nations? :yikes:  @OlympicIRL

In the end South Korea didn't join us this time, but in answer to your question, TISC Open 2015 was the last time we had 3 debuting nations: Algeria, Moldova and Portugal joined the fold on that occasion.

Significantly though, Albania and Guatemala are our newest debutants since Israel joined back in TISC Annual 2020. It took 4 years to find a new debutant so it's great to have them here :)

Edited by OlympicIRL

17 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

In the end South Korea didn't join us this time, but in answer to your question, TISC Open 2015 was the last time we had 3 debuting nations: Algeria, Moldova and Portugal joined the fold on that occasion.

Significantly though, Albania and Guatemala are our newest debutants since Israel joined back in TISC Annual 2020. It took 4 years to find a new debutant so it's great to have them here :)

Thanks! Imagine, one miraculous day all nations that ever participated are in the same contest (and of course South Korea enters), 60 songs to listen and rank :d:hairpull: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks! Imagine, one miraculous day all nations that ever participated are in the same contest (and of course South Korea enters), 60 songs to listen and rank :d:hairpull: 

60 juries voting during the Grand Final would take the whole weekend :d 

20 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

60 juries voting during the Grand Final would take the whole weekend :d 

10 minutes per jury, which is very generous, leads to 10 hours of voting windows. One hour break at halftime, for example two 15 minute breaks in both halves, and you've got a 12 hour Grand Final, easily in one day :d 

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

10 minutes per jury, which is very generous, leads to 10 hours of voting windows. One hour break at halftime, for example two 15 minute breaks in both halves, and you've got a 12 hour Grand Final, easily in one day :d 

Ok, let’s do it! The sun will never set in the TISC Empire :d.

@Vektor inspired me to look at my all-time stats. I’ve participated in 11 editions (one more than him :cool:).

Juries I’ve given the most points too…

1. :IRL - 53

2. :LTU - 51

3. :FRA - 46

4. :IND - 43

5. :ISR - 39

:ARG:IRI are the only juries to not score points from me in those editions. :ARG got close last edition.

No jury has ever won my 12 points more than once. :AUS:NOR:VEN all received 12 points from me despite their limited participation.

No jury has received points from me in all 11 editions.

:BRA has been one of my reserves four times.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela