website statistics

What Sports You will Add if Your Country Hosts Olympic Games

El Analyzer

1 hour ago, Roamingrover86 said:

You would have thought that Delhi rather New Delhi would have been the obvious  choice having already hosted commonwealth games but it is clear that the Central Govt & sports ministry want the games to take place in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Easy to guess why, with general elections coming next year & if there is a change, will be interesting to see if the new government will still propose Ahmedabad or somewhere else. 

I understand the politics behind it and it will certainly propel Gujarat as a political 'superpower' in India where she already is an economic hub with Gift city and many other big investments happening in the state. I am all in support whichever city hosts the Olympics as long as its not a fiasco as the 2010 Commonwealth Games. If Ahmedabad is developed as a top class city at par with Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore; its only good for the country

1 hour ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Beach Soccer

Futsal

Beach Tennis

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Footvolley

Fistball (only if hosted in the south)

Beach Handball

And a top 5 in the medal Table 🤣

All things "Beach" + Futsal :lol:

Spoiler

In reality I would say Beach Handball would be the most likely.

4 hours ago, ManuCHIL said:

I think would be really interesting (although I know artists will find it outrageous xD)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_1924_Summer_Olympics

I’m a proponent of bringing back the artistic competitions, so you’d have at least one supporter :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing, really :p

We don't have any sports that are children's versions of real sports (flag football) or that are real sports but immensely popular in a very specific area yet entirely unknown outside of it (cricket), so....yeah. I wonder how @Dennis, @Jinzha or @Noorderling29 would see this, but I very much doubt we'd add something 'Dutch' like kaatsen or fierljeppen which are Frisian things specifically and basically entirely unknown outside of it :p (personally I only know of their existence and that's it)

Fierljeppen would be fun as a one-off. Plus, I’ve watched some competitions, so I’m already familiar with the rules.

Korfball would probably be the Dutch pick though.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hmm... interesting question.

Honestly, I wouldn't add any new sport.

There are already too many strange new sports and events so I wouldn't like to add more.

Tbh, I don't follow ANY of the sports which are mentioned in the first post in this thread.

So if they are added to the programme, I wouldn't watch them much so from my personal point of view they are not important.

Globally I believe baseball/softball deserves to be in the olympics, it was there few times, I didn't watch it but I think this sport suits to the olympics.

Joking a bit - while watching Asian Games I really enjoyed dragon boats races, so this could be it for me. But I don't know if anybody practices this sport outside Asia.

Ok, maybe squash could be nice... I don't know.

More important for me would be adding quota for some classic sports (road cycling, canoe sprint and slalom, fencing for sure, but I think also rowing, swimming, artistic gymnastics, athletics...).

Rugby XVs would be great but I honestly don't know if it is possible.

And I would like to see some events coming back - M K4 1000m in canoe sprint, M C2 in canoe slalom, W 500m and M 1km TT in track cycling.

I don't exactly know which sports and events I would get rid of, but i can say which sports i rather don't watch or hardly watch when nothing else is going on or I watch only when POL athletes are performing:

trampoline gymnastics,

modern pentathlon,

artistic swimming,

taekwondo,

equestrian dressage,

field hockey,

water polo,

open water swimming,

wrestling,

may be sth else i forgot now,

but i can't say i want to get rid of them because I know these sports have their fans.

From new sports I'm sceptic about breaking, but we will see how it goes in Paris. In Europan Games it was boring for me.

Edited by rafalgorka

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing, really :p

We don't have any sports that are children's versions of real sports (flag football) or that are real sports but immensely popular in a very specific area yet entirely unknown outside of it (cricket), so....yeah. I wonder how @Dennis, @Jinzha or @Noorderling29 would see this, but I very much doubt we'd add something 'Dutch' like kaatsen or fierljeppen which are Frisian things specifically and basically entirely unknown outside of it :p (personally I only know of their existence and that's it)

Korfball could be one of your choices I guess