website statistics

What Sports You will Add if Your Country Hosts Olympic Games

El Analyzer

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing, really :p

We don't have any sports that are children's versions of real sports (flag football) or that are real sports but immensely popular in a very specific area yet entirely unknown outside of it (cricket), so....yeah. I wonder how @Dennis, @Jinzha or @Noorderling29 would see this, but I very much doubt we'd add something 'Dutch' like kaatsen or fierljeppen which are Frisian things specifically and basically entirely unknown outside of it :p (personally I only know of their existence and that's it)

Korfball of course!

And for the winter Olympics we could add marathon speed skating and cyclocross (which would be a great addition to the Winter Olympics I think!)

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Fierljeppen would be fun as a one-off. Plus, I’ve watched some competitions, so I’m already familiar with the rules.

Korfball would probably be the Dutch pick though.

Nobody cares about korfball though :d I don't mean internationally, I mean here in the Netherlands. I believe there is like one derby between two small towns that's a big deal....in those two small towns, but that's about it. You'll find more people who can name 10+ current MotoGP riders and 10+ current biathletes (to pick a random example of relatively small sports here) than people who can name a single current national team korfball player, no doubt.

Sure, without korfball I wouldn't exist, but still :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Korfball of course!

And for the winter Olympics we could add marathon speed skating and cyclocross (which would be a great addition to the Winter Olympics I think!)

Right, if we can also add disciplines/events instead of whole sports, marathon speed skating and cyclocross would be good choices indeed. Even better: kick out the mass start and replace it with the marathon :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Right, if we can also add disciplines/events instead of whole sports, marathon speed skating and cyclocross would be good choices indeed. Even better: kick out the mass start and replace it with the marathon :cheer: 

where have I to put my signature? :d

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I would delete modern pentathlon, skateboarding and 3-a-side basketball I would add 3 sports: - Baseball/Softball - Basque pelota or racquetball - Cricket

But why would France add cricket? Remember, this is about countries specifically choosing some addition, like the US choosing flag football (which probably 99% of people outside of the US have never even heard of) :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But why would France add cricket? Remember, this is about countries specifically choosing some addition, like the US choosing flag football (which probably 99% of people outside of the US have never even heard of) :p 

ah yes well I didn't understand the question! I thought it was personal desires