website statistics

What Sports You will Add if Your Country Hosts Olympic Games

El Analyzer

2 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

:IND is closer than ever to be the host, by the way ..which City would be proposed in your opinion?

Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat will be the proposed host city. They are building a lot of sporting infrastructure in the city with the aim to host major sporting events. 

I guess it'd be Sports that Egypt can perform well :d 

• Squash
  • Karate
  • MP if it will be removed 
  • Weightlifting if it will be removed
  • Speedball we are always world champions in this sport :d

If MP and Weightlifting are still alive then I will recommend Beach Soccer and Sepak Takraw as personally I want to see it olympic some day :d Dodgeball looks fine for me as well 

17 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I guess it'd be Sports that Egypt can perform well :d 

• Squash
  • Karate
  • MP if it will be removed 
  • Weightlifting if it will be removed
  • Speedball we are always world champions in this sport :d

If MP and Weightlifting are still alive then I will recommend Beach Soccer and Sepak Takraw as personally I want to see it olympic some day :d Dodgeball looks fine for me as well 

Was waiting your suggestion ..Speedball :EGY will sweep all podiums .. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

I think olympic program is now too big, so in my opinion is no good to add new sports. Instead, i like to remove someone: skating, artistic swimming, trampoline, breaking are better out of the games.

If i need to choose someting, i think its' better to improve rugby, from 7 to 15. Then, baseball/softball and karate would have to right to compete. No other, please no other

As we see with the Rugby World Cup it’s impossible to have 15-man Rugby because players are limited to one match per week. Even with a full round on Day -2 you couldn’t finish.

1 hour ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat will be the proposed host city. They are building a lot of sporting infrastructure in the city with the aim to host major sporting events. 

I personally more in favour of Delhi instead of Ahmedabad due to following reasons
1. Delhi already has sporting infrastructure. Track cycling events in 2022 National Games in Gujarat were held in Delhi
2. Largest airport in India

3. Delhi has a happening nightlife and many leisure activities to do while Gujarat is a dry state

4. Delhi itself has many historical monuments and has easy access to North India for any tourists wishing to experience beyond the Games

5. Delhi Metro is a spiderweb across Delhi with 10 lines while Ahmedabad Metro has just 2

6. Gujarat is a border state

19 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I personally more in favour of Delhi instead of Ahmedabad due to following reasons
1. Delhi already has sporting infrastructure. Track cycling events in 2022 National Games in Gujarat were held in Delhi
2. Largest airport in India

3. Delhi has a happening nightlife and many leisure activities to do while Gujarat is a dry state

4. Delhi itself has many historical monuments and has easy access to North India for any tourists wishing to experience beyond the Games

5. Delhi Metro is a spiderweb across Delhi with 10 lines while Ahmedabad Metro has just 2

6. Gujarat is a border state

You would have thought that Delhi rather New Delhi would have been the obvious  choice having already hosted commonwealth games but it is clear that the Central Govt & sports ministry want the games to take place in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Easy to guess why, with general elections coming next year & if there is a change, will be interesting to see if the new government will still propose Ahmedabad or somewhere else. 

Edited by Roamingrover86

Nothing, really :p

We don't have any sports that are children's versions of real sports (flag football) or that are real sports but immensely popular in a very specific area yet entirely unknown outside of it (cricket), so....yeah. I wonder how @Dennis, @Jinzha or @Noorderling29 would see this, but I very much doubt we'd add something 'Dutch' like kaatsen or fierljeppen which are Frisian things specifically and basically entirely unknown outside of it :p (personally I only know of their existence and that's it)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!