website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Biathlonfan said:

I mean some people aren't joking when they state those things.Some europeans Really dislike Americans,and Some Americans can't stand europeans.

I know, but I meant in our case here on the forum where we're just joking a bit while enjoying the biathlon :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

the same way plenty of Americans see Europeans as freedom hating,authoritarian loving cucks,it goes both ways.

I wouldn't really consider that the main sterotype of Europeans in the states. The main sterotypes would be based around the access to healthcare, ancient history, and high cuisine/fasion. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

International sports also just don't seem to draw US audiences they way they draw audiences else where in the world. It could be down to poor marketing or high competition from other sporting/cultural events, but I'm not sure in that regard.

Easy. America is so big, that it is almost in a world of it's own. You have enough quantity of sports inside the country, that there is no need to look at the international sports. When ESPN, Fox Sports, or newspapers for decades have been covering 99% only American leagues and stars, the people have adjusted to only care, or really know, only them. 

Of course, the capitalistic, money grabbing (and absurd in my opinion) system of having as many matches, as physically possible, prevents any free time to even attempt watching anything else. 100 matches for your basketball and hockey teams, 200 matches for the baseball one, 40+ Nascar races, golf every week... Good luck trying to get someone to start watching ski-jumping, cycling etc. 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wouldn't mind if people say the Netherlands is just full with people smoking weed while either ice skating or wearing wooden shoes :p 

100% the sterotype it gets in the US, if you add in windmills.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Plus in the end it's just joking around :p 

I wouldn't mind if people say the Netherlands is just full with people smoking weed while either ice skating or wearing wooden shoes :p 

The Netherlands are as famous for messing up penalty shootouts as they are for cheese.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn't really consider that the main sterotype of Europeans in the states. The main sterotypes would be based around the access to healthcare, ancient history, and high cuisine/fasion. 

Never seen Ancient history or fashion be a stertiotype that Americans have about europeans 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I can't think of Chipotle without thinking of Chipotlaway :p

I think that joke is more true of Taco Bell than Chipotle, but I haven't eaten at Chipotle since the foodbourne illness incidents.

7 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I get that,i was talking about the outside world

There's a world outside Totallympics?