website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

50 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

:BRA wins a gold medal in Artistic Skating after a great performance from our skater... I guess? It wasn't shown anywhere :wall:

I couldn’t find a single channel showing artistic skating today or yesterday. Big change from 2019.

Scheduling definitely screwed those athletes over in terms of exposure.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:BRA hits the 200 medals mark with a gold in men's Football.

While I'm happy (a gold is a gold), it's kinda sad :CHI lost this title at home (worse: on penalties). I still remember the our Rio 2016 gold medal - even though I'm not the biggest Football fan, it was one of the most celebrated moments by brazilian people.

Only 1 day to go and 24 medal events left. I'm curious to see some final positions in the medal table.

Seems like 3rd place is between :MEX and :CAN, while 7th place will be :ARG or :CHI. Don't know how many gold chances they have left.

Also interesting is the fight for the top 10. It seems like :PER is safe and :DOM :VEN :ECU will fight for 10th place.

1.png

4 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Only 1 day to go and 24 medal events left. I'm curious to see some final positions in the medal table.

Seems like 3rd place is between :MEX and :CAN, while 7th place will be :ARG or :CHI. Don't know how many gold chances they have left.

Also interesting is the fight for the top 10. It seems like :PER is safe and :DOM :VEN :ECU will fight for 10th place.

Mexico should easily take third, Basque Pelota has 3 finals tomorrow, that sport is the difference between :MEX and :CAN

Canada has the following chances tomorrow:

Men's bowling singles

Men's golf

Men's team table tennis

Women's squash team

I think only the first 2 have a realistic shot, and with just 2 golds Canada would have its best ever non-home performance.

5 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

1.png

Remember when i told you that Brazil will be the second country in the medal table and you think it will be Canada? :p

Tomorro, Argentina has 2 finals in Basque Pelota and in squash, with some chances of golds in another sports......i dont see Chile winning the seventh place.

Surprising how good performance has Peru and the bad performance of Venezuela

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Mexico should easily take third, Basque Pelota has 3 finals tomorrow, that sport is the difference between :MEX and :CAN

Canada has the following chances tomorrow:

Men's bowling singles

Men's golf

Men's team table tennis

Women's squash team

I think only the first 2 have a realistic shot, and with just 2 golds Canada would have its best ever non-home performance.

Argentina is favourite to take the two golds to Mexico en Basque Pelota tomorrow, the male duo is seventh time world champion (for example)

3 minutes ago, konig said:

Remember when i told you that Brazil will be the second country in the medal table and you think it will be Canada? :p

Tomorro, Argentina has 2 finals in Basque Pelota and in squash, with some chances of golds in another sports......i dont see Chile winning the seventh place.

Surprising how good performance has Peru and the bad performance of Venezuela

There was no way Canada was finishing second with second string teams in Athletics, rowing etc. Canada will only finish second if it sends its A team across all sports and that happens for only home games, see 2015.

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There was no way Canada was finishing second with second string teams in Athletics, rowing etc. Canada will only finish second if it sends its A team across all sports and that happens for only home games, see 2015.

I completely agree with you, for that reason i say to vini and the others users that Canada will be third (i really dont think Mexico can be third) for what you describe, only USA can not sending their best athletes without any consequence.

Yeah, Canada finishing behind Brazil was expected given the team (even the A team isn't that much better than Brazil IMO). Mexico impressed me a lot more. In 2019 Mexico beat Canada because we kept falling short of gold (we had 35 golds and 65 silvers). This time we step up with a better distribution and they were good to counter.